Floating Bluetooth Speaker: Our Top 5 Picks
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s face it, most speakers on the market have an outdated design. They are bulky and boxed up, sticking out like a sore thumb.
For homeowners with a classic or futuristic decor, you need speakers that blend in with your interior design look. A floating Bluetooth speaker does just that. The sophisticated, futuristic design will fit in well with your aesthetic without compromising sound quality.
You will no longer need to hide your speakers from guests. Enjoy partying with friends and family while listening to your favorite music. Just make sure you pick a quality speaker! Don’t worry though, our guide will help you do just that.Table could not be displayed.
Table of Contents
- KABADDI Levitating Floating Bluetooth Speaker
- Infinity Orb Magnetic Levitation Speaker
- Infinity Orb UFO Levitating Floating Speaker
- Infinity Orb Levitating Bluetooth Speaker
- Arc Star Floating Speaker
- Floating Bluetooth Speaker: Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Picks
- Our Final Thoughts
1. KABADDI Levitating Floating Bluetooth Speaker
The design of the KABADDI Levitating Floating Bluetooth Speaker will surely draw you in, while the sound quality will blow you away. The speaker takes the concept of levitating speakers to the next level. It features a glowing, levitating sphere that contains the speaker, centered around a metal frame.
The sphere rotates and shines as you play music. The system uses magnets to levitate the sphere and hold it in midair while the music plays. The aesthetic appeal of the design will surely draw a lot of people to this speaker.
The product doesn’t lack sound quality either. The sphere design delivers 360-degree sound quality, which amplifies the signal and disperses it to all corners of the room. You wouldn’t think that such a compact device has the capability of delivering surround sound — but it does.
The compact design delivers portability. You can easily move the speaker from one room to another. It also features a 1500 mAh battery, which gives you 5 to 6 hours of playback. Charging the device is easy using a USB cable.
Overall, the KABADDI Levitating Speaker features a futuristic yet classy design. It will surely be the center of many conversations with guests at parties in your home.
- Delivers surround sound
- Compact and portable design
- Beautiful appearance
- 6W speaker isn’t powerful enough to drown out crowd noise at larger parties
- Sphere is made of sturdy plastic but can break easily if dropped
2. Infinity Orb Magnetic Levitating Speaker
The Infinity Orb Magnetic Levitation Speaker is straight out of science-fiction. It looks like a floating pod above a spaceship. The design won’t appeal to those looking for a classic-looking speaker, but adults and kids will be captivated by the futuristic appearance.
The first thing users will notice is the LED light array around the base and pod. These lights glow and light up the room as you listen to music. Many users find this intriguing and agree the effect fits in well with the Sci-Fi design.
Setting up the speaker is a breeze, you unpack it, charge it, and let it do its magic. Connecting to a Bluetooth-enabled device takes seconds, so you will be jamming to your favorite music in no time. The device has around a 10-meter wireless connection range.
The speaker delivers 3D sound. The pod is fitted with a 3W speaker, so it won’t blow you away, but it is enough for you to listen to music on your own or with a few friends. Don’t expect it to provide music for parties, though.
Like the KABADDI Levitation Speaker, the Infinity Orb also uses magnets to levitate the pod. The controls on it are easy to understand, but the buttons are small. Adults with large fingers are likely to struggle when increasing and decreasing the volume.
However, the battery and overall sound quality make up for any shortcomings of the speaker. You can easily listen to music for up to 8 hours on a full charge.
- 3D sound quality delivers clear audio
- Up to 8 hours of playtime
- Easy to set up and use
- Big-fingered people will struggle trying to operate small buttons
- Plastic body feels flimsy and can break if dropped
3. Infinity Orb UFO Levitating Floating Speaker
The Infinity Orb UFO Levitating Floating Speaker is a refined, futuristic system that has a floating UFO-shaped speaker. We say refined because it isn’t as flashy as the Infinity Orb Magnetic Levitation Speaker but still maintains the futuristic aesthetic.
The system will appeal to everyone, from those looking for a classic option to those that want a speaker that stands out. The UFO, which houses the 5W speaker, is levitated through a magnetic field and rotates while your music plays.
Speaking of music, the system produces exceptional sound. While it only has a 5W wireless speaker, the sound is powerful, easily filling a room with music. We were pleasantly surprised by the amount of bass it produces.
You get a few other cool features with the device such as wireless charging technology. It comes equipped with a 1200 mAh battery, which provides you with 6 to 7 hours of playback.
Overall, the Infinity Orb UFO is a great floating Bluetooth speaker. It adds a bit of class and intrigue to your decor while producing audio with clarity and deep bass.
- Refined, futuristic design
- 5W speaker delivers quality sound
- Wireless charging
- Battery lasted 7 hours max at full charge (advertised to last 8)
- Bluetooth connectivity range was only 6 meters
4. Infinity Orb Levitating Bluetooth Speaker
The Infinity Orb Levitating Bluetooth Speaker is a bulkier, less flamboyant version of the Infinity Orb Magnetic Levitation Speaker. The two also cost the same, making this system suitable for anyone that prefers a toned-down, more budget-friendly option.
It features a floating pod that contains a 3W speaker. You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference when it comes to quality and sound level between this and the Infinity Orb Magnetic Levitation Speaker. The spherical shape of the pod allows it to deliver music throughout the room.
The build of the speaker might throw some people off. The plastic body just doesn’t feel sturdy. So, you need to be careful handling the device, making sure you don’t drop it.
The speaker does have great battery life. Fitted with a 500 mAh battery, you can listen to your favorite music for up to 8 hours.
Overall, the Infinity Orb Levitating Bluetooth Speaker won’t blow you away with its sound but its portability, ease of use, and price make it a smart buy for anyone looking for a small speaker for their room.
- Hi-Fi sound quality can fill a small room
- Easy to pair with a Bluetooth device
- Great battery life delivers 8 hours of music on a full charge
- Fragile plastic body requires extra care to avoid damage
5. Arc Star Floating Speaker
It seems like the developers at Arc Star took design inspiration from Star Wars. The floating orb containing the speaker looks a lot like the Death Star.
The speaker and base utilize textured plastic, which appears and feels sturdy. The orb and base both have a green LED which lights up when you use the speaker. We liked the black and green color scheme over white and blue as it gives a subtle yet futuristic feel.
While the other systems on this list feature a speaker on top of the sphere or pod, the Arc Star’s speaker is fitted toward the bottom half. We didn’t find any positives or negatives to this approach. The speaker in the bottom doesn’t impact the magnetic field levitating the pod.
When it comes to sound, only the Infinity Orb UFO Levitating Floating Speaker compares. Both have a powerful speaker that produces loud, clear, bass-filled audio. The two also are in the same price range.
Overall, the Arc Star Floating Speaker is a polished floating Bluetooth speaker that delivers all the power and bass you want. The Death Star look is sure to appeal to most Star Wars fans.
- Well designed and constructed
- Compact and portable
- Delivers powerful sound
- Wireless range was less than 10 meters
- Takes more than 4 hours to fully charge the product
Floating Bluetooth Speaker: Frequently Asked Questions
How does the speaker levitate?
The systems use magnets to produce a magnetic field that levitates the pod housing the wireless speaker. On average, the levitating distance is 8 – 10 mm.
Does the magnet interfere with the speaker’s ability to produce quality sound?
No, the magnetic field does not interfere with the sound produced by the speaker. You should have no issues as far as static or distortion goes with this technology.
Are floating Bluetooth Speakers suitable for a party?
You won’t get massive sound output from floating speakers. The reason being, they are supposed to be compact, portable, and light enough to levitate using a magnetic field. So, if you are hosting a party that will get loud, the sound from the speaker will likely be drowned out.
These speakers have a low wattage output and are ideal for smaller settings like your room or office.
- Buying on a budget: If we had to pick one, it would be the KABADDI Levitating Floating Bluetooth Speaker. Both the Infinity Orb Levitating Bluetooth Speaker and the Infinity Orb Magnetic Levitation Speaker fall in the same price range. However, we were more impressed by the design and overall performance of the KABADDI Levitating Floating Bluetooth Speaker.
- Best sound quality: The Infinity Orb UFO Levitating Floating Speaker barely edges out the Arc Star Floating Speaker in this category. It has more depth in the bass which gives it a clearer, richer sound than the other systems.
- Best design: We have to give it to the Arc Star Floating Speaker for its Death Star-inspired design.
- Kids: The flashiness and design of the Infinity Orb UFO Levitating Floating Speaker are sure to appeal to kids.
Our Final Thought
A floating Bluetooth speaker can change the way you listen to music at home or in the office. The futuristic design and levitating capabilities will be a conversation starter. Plus, it looks much cooler than your average speaker that sits idle on your desk.
Our guide should help you narrow your choice down to the best floating speaker based on the qualities you are looking for. If you found this review helpful, feel free to check out our other reviews.