On a Budget? This Outdoor Sound System is Right for You
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
There are a few things better than sitting outside in your yard listening to a HIFI rendition of your favorite tunes.
Outdoor speakers are made to withstand whatever elements are currently prevailing outside to provide you with a pleasant listening experience.
There is a good outdoor sound system for all sizes of budgets.
We made a selection of budget outdoor sound systems that provide quality sound despite the price tag. These budget outdoor sound systems come equipped with powerful audio drivers to fill your open space with melody.
Table of Contents
- Dual Electronics LU43PB 3-Way High-Performance Outdoor Speakers
- Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers
- Pyle PPHP835B Portable 300W Bluetooth PA Speaker
- Pyle 800W Wireless Portable PA Speaker
- Pyle PLMRBT65W 6.5 Inch Bluetooth Marine Speakers
1. Dual Electronics LU43PB 3-Way High-Performance Outdoor Speakers
If you are looking for a decent music system without damaging your bank account, try out this Dual electronics 3-way model. The attractive outdoor speakers are so compact that they can fit on a small shelf. Their size doesn’t take away its power.
The black outer shell is weather-resistant with an IPX5 rating. This means that it is resistant to a sustained spray of low-pressure water.
Dual Electronics LU43PB speakers will entertain you on a 120-degrees stage with excellent bass and clarity.
- The set is both an indoor and outdoor fixture. Outside it can work on open places next to the pool, at the patio, or garage.
- 3-way speakers working together with a 4-inch woofer accurately disperse the acoustic and bass components of the music.
- Easy mounting using swivel brackets. The brackets turn around a 120-degree arc.
- You will get HIFI sound with a sensitivity level of 86dB.
- The speakers are made to withstand the changing elements throughout the season. The outer shell is made of weather-resistant ABS material.
- The speakers have a UV-repelling resin coating.
- Buy these speakers together with a DBTMA100 Bluetooth Amplifier also by Dual Electronics to amplify your music.
- 1-year parts and labor warranty.
- H x W x D – 8.25 inch x 5.25 inch x 5.25 inch.
- The indoor/outdoor speakers are only 2.8lbs. They are lightweight yet powerful.
- 100 watts of power is sufficient to fill an outdoor space with quality sound with help from its 3-way design.
- Optimized for outdoor use via UV treatment and ABS shell to protect speakers and preserve sound quality.
- Easy installation thanks to swivel brackets.
- You won’t break the bank buying this unit.
- You won’t enjoy the daisy chain connection with this set of speakers.
- Not exactly a con, but it’s recommended to purchase an amplifier if you don’t already own one when buying these speakers.
2. Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers
Transform your quiet backyard into a dance hall instantly with the Polk Atrium 4 outdoor speakers.
The powerful sound is all thanks to the ¾ – inch tweeters and 4-½ – inch woofers.
What’s more, the construction of the Polk speakers uses military-grade materials to withstand outdoor elements.
These speakers will look good in a variety of surroundings. If you are keen on the aesthetic appeal of your outdoor speakers on your landscaping, try these.
Use the Atrium 4s in smaller outdoor spaces such as patients and small pool yards. In larger spaces, use at least two pairs of these speakers. Alternatively, combine a pair of Atrium 4 with Atrium 6 for an even richer sounder.
- Wide sound dispersion with strong bass
- Powerful enough juice at 80W to drown background noises
- Atrium 4 is tastefully designed. They have an angled baffle construction and the outer profile blends into recesses of outdoor walls
- Easy, one-handed installation thanks to the speed-lock anti-slip mounting brackets. You can mount them vertically or horizontally
- The rugged construction conforms to military standards and gives the speakers a high level of endurance under all-weather conditions
- For use in open spaces such as poolside, sunrooms, patios, or backyards
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 6.3 x 9.5 inches
- The tweeters cover ranges between 12KHz and 20kHz. Higher octaves will play crystal clear
- The design is minimalist and will blend into different backgrounds
- Patented speed-locking brackets that let you install either horizontally or vertically
- Fairly priced
- The size of these speakers means that you won’t be lugging them around outside your home
- The speakers require an amplifier, either wired or via Bluetooth connection
3. Yamaha Audio NS-AW150BL 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speakers
These speakers by Yamaha Audio are ideal for those who need a basic speaker set that they can use indoors or set up outside. These speakers are weatherproof, so you can install them around your home for outdoor music and entertainment purposes, or you can add them to your home security system.
The speakers offer 120W max output, so you can add a large amp or play loud music. Their normal output is just 35 Watts, which is ideal for low-energy security systems.
The speakers do not have Bluetooth technology, and they are wired, but they are perfect for connecting with your current sound system so you can bring indoor sound outside.
The set includes wall mounts, and they are very easy to install or to hook up to your current audio device. If you connect these speakers to a Bluetooth receiver, they should work just fine for streaming audio tracks from your Bluetooth device.
- Includes 2 speakers (5.41 x 10.125 x 6.16 Inches each)
- Offers 120W Max power output (35 Watts normal output)
- They are magnetically shielded and water resistant
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- 5-inch tweeters
- Corded electric power source
- Controlled bass response
- Made from durable polypropylene materials
- A frequency response range of 55 – 40 kHz
- Includes wall mounting brackets
- Water resistant and good for outdoor use
- 120W speakers offer good sound quality
- They are light and wall mounts are included
- Dual speaker set is ideal for surround sound effect
- You can add a nice-sized amp to the speakers
- They are very easy to use
- Offer good sound quality
- Ideal for playing music, nature sounds, home entertainment, or for security systems
- Does not include an amplifier
- No Bluetooth connection
- Not wireless
4. Pyle Wall Mount Home Speaker System
If you’re looking for a good set of outdoor speakers that offer lots of modern functions, then the Pyle set is a good option. These speakers come with Bluetooth 3.0 technology, so you can stream music from any type of device. You can connect from up to 30 ft away and listen to your favorite songs.
The speakers are nice and loud, with up to 240 watts sound output. You can also connect them to older audio systems thanks to their 3.5mm Aux ports and auxiliary software. The sound quality via Aux port is better than the Bluetooth sound quality, but both work just fine.
These speakers are perfect for outdoor use. They are designed with wall mounts so you can easily install them, and they are weather and water resistant. We only wish that the 6ft power cord on these speakers was a little bit longer, but the technology features are excellent considering the price of these speakers.
- You can get these in 5.25 or 6.5 inch sizes.
- The speakers are white.
- They offer powerful 240 watt output so you can enjoy loud tracks.
- The 5.25 subwoofers have 1-inch tweeters that offer good bass.
- These speakers are Bluetooth compatible.
- The construction is water resistant and weatherproof.
- Come with 3.5-inch Aux input connectors.
- Bluetooth 3.0 and auxiliary speakers.
- Bluetooth range is 30 feet.
- Speaker cables are included with the set.
- They come with wall mounts for easy installation.
- A lot of features for such an affordable price.
- The 240W power output allows you to play music nice and loud.
- The speakers are very easy to install and use.
- You can connect and play from any type of Bluetooth device.
- The 30 ft Bluetooth range is good for moving around.
- These speakers are weather and water resistant, so you can safely use them outside.
- Connect them with older audio systems thanks to traditional 3.5 mm aux ports.
- Main speaker needs to be plugged into a power source.
- Power cord is only about 6 ft long. A lot of people get extension cords to set up the speakers outside.
- Some users do find it a bit challenging to set up the Bluetooth connection to their smart devices.
- The sound quality does decrease a bit when you play via Bluetooth. Bluetooth 5.0 would have been better.
5. Klipsch AW-525 Indoor/Outdoor Speakers
If you are tired of constantly replacing outdoor speakers, then you should get this pair by Klipsch. The AW-525 is specially developed to last. It comes with a 60-month warranty, and many use these speakers for years without fail. These speakers are durable because they are designed with a UV resistant ABS enclosure that is also rust proof.
The speakers also offer impressive sound for their size. They can deliver up to 300 watts of power output, so you can play your music nice and loud.
You can install the speaker vertically or horizontally. They are also very easy to install because they come with a mounting bracket.
- The speakers have compact dimensions of just 9 x 8 x 11.8 inches.
- They offer remarkable maximum output of 300 watts (75 watts is average).
- Designed with a UV-resistant ABS enclosure and is rust-proof.
- A C-style mounting bracket is included for easy installation.
- The speakers have a ⅜ inch – 16 inch threaded insert.
- You can install them horizontally or vertically.
- The speaker is water resistant (but not waterproof).
- The speaker is highly durable. Some last over 15 years.
- With a 300 Watt output, you can play your music loud.
- Very easy to install and use.
- Ideal for connecting your indoor sound system so you can listen to music outside.
- The sound quality is very good.
- Includes a speaker and bass in one device.
- The compact design won’t take up much wall space.
- Water resistant and can handle humidity, mist, and light splashes.
- No Bluetooth connectivity.
- Not entirely waterproof.
- The speaker is a bit pricey.
Can I use my indoor speakers Outdoors?
This is not easy to accomplish. Outdoor speakers are made with a different set of specifications than indoor speakers.
Within the house, the walls bolster the low-frequency audio response. They also reflect and contain the sound in a confined space.
Outside, there is an absence of structures for sound to bounce on. The open space is also often riddled with background noises. Your sound system may need to drown out barking dogs, traffic noises, and bugs.
Lastly, the construction of outdoor speakers is such that they can withstand alternating spells of hot, cold, precipitation, dust, among others. As such unless your indoor speakers are rugged and weather-proof, it would not be advisable to use them in an outdoor setting.
How much bass is adequate for my outdoor setting?
Now that we know the sonic challenges outdoor speakers have to overcome, we must look at what it means for you.
If you want the best sound for your outdoor space, you have to look at the size of the cone and the wattage.
Go for outdoor speakers with an excellent low-frequency response. These kinds of speakers have at least 6-½ inches in cone size. The bigger the cone, the more bass you’ll get.
What does my speaker’s Wattage say about the sound output?
The amount of wattage depends on the power output from the amplifier or receiver. However, the appropriate wattage for outdoor speakers ranges between 60W – 300W.
A bigger wattage means better volume increase, higher sound quality, and bigger coverage at low volumes.
Patio speakers are typically 60 watts with coverage of under 300 square feet. If your space is bigger than 300 feet look for 80W to 100W speakers.
Any space bigger than 500 square feet to 800 square feet is better off with speakers of 150W to 175W. They will provide wider sound distribution even at soft volumes.
If you have a giant space of at least 1,000 square feet, get speakers with 250W and above.
Should I leave my outdoor speaker outside?
After all, they are made for the outdoors right? Many of these units are highly weather-resistant speakers and can handle the elements. They’ll be fine out in the hot sun and at night under colder skiers.
Yes, you may leave mounted outdoors speakers outside especially in the summer, but it is best to cover it if there is a chance of precipitation, however light.
Most of the budget speakers in this list are water-resistant but not completely waterproof. Why take your chances especially if the speakers are easily portable?
We recognize that not everyone can fork over a thousand dollars for their outdoor system. However, everyone deserves the company of good music. If you have seen the prices of all the speakers on our list, and you are wondering if they are any good, yes they are!
We hope that this list will help you find the best affordable choice for your outdoor entertainment experience.