iTunes is an excellent content provider with unlimited digital media resources like music videos, TV shows, movies, etc. But if you’ve got all your iTunes content on your laptop or desktop computer, how do you download the content to your iPad for viewing on the go?
To download iTunes content on your iPad, go to the iTunes Store. Tap on ‘Purchased’ and then ‘Not on This iPad.’ Choose the media you want to download and then tap on ‘Download.’ Alternatively, go to the iTunes app on your computer, adjust the media you want on your device, and press ‘Sync.’
It’s quite easy to download and sync iTunes content to your iPad. Let’s take a closer look at the steps that can help you do this so that you can enjoy your favorite shows and movies from any location.
How Do I Download iTunes on My iPad?
There’s no need to download iTunes on your iPad; it comes pre-installed. Symbolized by a white musical note inside a white circle, iTunes is a highly convenient app as it allows you to easily organize and store your media like podcasts, movies, audiobooks, music, etc.
Using iTunes, you can sync not only your contact data, notes, e-mails, bookmarks, appointments, and computer apps but also previously purchased content from your computer to your iPad (on Amazon).
How to Sync Previously Downloaded Content to iPad
There are two ways to sync previously downloaded content to the iPad — you can either use the iTunes app directly on the iPad or download iTunes on your computer and use it there.
Let’s take a look at both options.
Using iTunes on Your iPad
Here’s how you can sync the downloaded media directly from your iPad:
- Open the iTunes Store.
- On the lower right side of the screen, you’ll see the ‘Purchased’ option. Tap on it.
- You may be asked to enter your Apple ID and password.
- Tap on the ‘Not on This iPad’ option at the top of the screen.
- Choose the type of media you wish to download by using the tabs at the top of the screen. By tapping on music, you can see your purchased songs that aren’t on your iPad. The same goes for movies and TV shows.
- Find the videos and songs you wish to download and then tap on ‘Download’. You can download multiple videos and songs simultaneously.
Now, let’s see how you can download previously purchased apps on your iPad:
- Go to the App Store.
- You’ll see the ‘Purchased’ option at the bottom of your iPad’s screen. Tap on it.
- Enter your Apple ID and password if prompted.
- Next, tap the ‘Not on this iPad’ option at the center of your screen. You’ll see a list of your previously purchased apps that aren’t on your iPad right now.
- Select the app you wish to download and tap on the ‘Download’ icon next to it. You can download multiple apps simultaneously in this way.
Using iTunes on Your Computer
If you prefer, you can also use iTunes on your computer to sync content to your iPad.
- Open the iTunes app. If you have a Windows computer, select Start > All Programs > iTunes. MacBook users just need to click on the iTunes icon in the Dock.
- You’ll see the iPad option in the ‘Source List‘ under the ‘Device‘ section on the left. Tap on it.
- Multiple tabs will appear. You can choose the kind of content you wish to download with the settings on each tab and whether you want to download it manually or automatically (when you sync).
- By clicking on the ‘Summary‘ tab, you can choose general syncing options and when the iPad should update.
- You can control the music you want to sync with the ‘Music‘ tab.
- With the ‘Apps‘ tab, you can choose which computer applications should be synced to your iPad.
- The ‘Info‘ tab allows you to select whether to sync Calendars, Notes, E-mails, or Bookmarks.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Sync‘ button.