7 Ways To Take A Screenshot On An MSI Laptop
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether you want to keep your rank or save your gaming screen, knowing how to screenshot on your MSI laptop is essential. MSI laptops are widely used for gaming and productivity. Thankfully, the MSI laptop has free and premium tools that you can use to take a screenshot. The computer provides screenshotting methods for Windows 11,10, 8, and 7. Screenshots on Macs are easy too.
Table of Contents
- How do you take a screenshot on an MSI laptop?
- How To Take A Screenshot On MSI Laptop?
How do you take a screenshot on an MSI laptop?
The steps to take a screenshot on an MSI laptop vary according to your OS. You can use the print screen in Windows and different commands like the Windows key + G. Alternatively, the MSI laptops feature third-party apps that you can use to take screenshots.
From time to time, throughout your regular work day, you will require to capture a screenshot. Your MSI laptop has various procedures and commands that enable you to screenshot your work. Although screenshotting is a straightforward task, you must be well versed with your computer.
A screenshot captures the entire information displayed on your screen. However, you can capture a small area of the screen. All you need to do is use the right software.
How To Take A Screenshot On MSI Laptop?
A screenshot captures all the information that is displayed on a computer screen. It is then saved in a picture format. There are various ways to screenshot on an MSI laptop. All you need is to choose what works best for you.
Below are procedures that you can use to take a screenshot on the MSI laptop.
Use the Print Screen Key
All MSI laptops have a screenshot button labeled as the PrtScr button. This button lets you screenshot your image and directly save it to your clipboard. You can then keep it within your desired location.
To take a screenshot, press the PrtScr key at the top of your keyboard and then launch the paint application. This automatically saves your screenshot directly to the clipboard. Once you’ve taken the screenshot, you can paint it elsewhere using the Ctrl + V command.
Apart from the above method, the following steps show another way of taking a screenshot on an MSI laptop using the screenshot button.
Press Windows Key + PrtScr.
Open file explorer to view your screenshot.
Click on pictures. You will find your screenshot saved to a folder named Screenshot.
You might have issues with using the screenshot button alongside other buttons. This way, you will have to press the PrtScr and fn keys. This method works best for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7. Its advantage is that it captures only your entire screen and allows you to change your MSI laptop’s keyboard color.
Use the Snipping Tool
The snipping tool method only works for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7. This is a suitable method because it screenshots your entire screen and captures all selected areas you wish to screenshot. Below are the steps to follow for this method.
- On your Windows search bar, search for the snipping tool.
- Click on the Snipping Tool.
- Click on Mode inside the snipping tool and select the kind of snip you want from these four types that will be displayed.
- Rectangular Snip: This type of snip enables one to capture anywhere on your screen in a rectangular format.
- Free-form snip: This allows you to use freehand movement to capture everything you want on your display screen.
- Full-screen snip: The full-screen snip enables you to capture your entire screen.
- Windows snip: The Windows snip allows you to capture any window that can be opened using your mouse select.
- Once you select your choice of snip, click on new.
- Drag the cursor across your capture area depending on your snip, then release your hand.
- To save your image, click on the save icon.
- If you want to tweak the screenshot, click on the balloon icon to export your image to the paint location.
- Use the tools inside the paint to tweak your image.
- Click on the menu, then select save.
Use the Windows Screen Recorder
The MSI laptop has a Windows screen recorder known as the EaseUS RecExperts. This recorder enables you to capture the entire screen or part of the screen of your MSI laptop. You can therefore decide which part of the screen to capture with one click.
Apart from taking a screenshot, the EaseUS RecExperts recorder can also record your MSI laptop screen as a video and offer essential editing tools to modify your screenshots. To use this feature, you have first downloaded it for your MSI laptop. Then, follow these steps to take a screenshot.
- Launch the EaseUS RecExperts on your MSI laptop.
- Open the features of the recorder and click on the Full-Screen icon.
- Drag your cursor to cover the area that you want to capture.
- Press F11. Alternatively, click on the screenshot icon to capture the screenshot.
- Your screenshot will be saved under pictures in the recordings menu.
- Rename your screenshot.
Use the Windows + G Command.
The Windows + G command lets you take a screenshot on your MSI laptop. These two hotkeys awaken the Game Bar you can use to take a screenshot. Below is a step-by-step procedure to screenshot using the Windows + G command on your MSI laptop.
Open the location you want to take a screenshot for.
- Press Windows + G simultaneously to enable the Gamebar.
- Use the screenshot-taking function of your MSI laptop to take a screenshot.
- Your screenshot will be saved in the screenshot folder.
Use the LightShot Tool
The LightShot software allows you to take screenshots of selected areas on your MSI laptop. This free software is easy to use, download, and install. Below is how you can download and use the LightShot software.
- Below the image, click on the Download Now icon.
- Once you are redirected to the official website, click on the Download button that will appear.
- After downloading the LightShot software, install it.
- Open the LightShot software to take a screenshot on the MSI laptop.
The LightShot is only suitable for taking screenshots. This software does not feature screen recording.
Use the Snip and Sketch Tool
The Snip and Sketch tool is only available for Windows 11 and 10. Although this tool works like the snipping tool, it has a few improvements. The Snip and Sketch tool allows editing and recording features.
- Type the Snip and Sketch tool on the windows search box.
- Open the Snip and Sketch tool. You can open this tool by pressing the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + Shift + S.
- The Snip tool will give you four modes: the Full Screen Snip, Window snip, Free Form snip, and the Rectangular Snip.
- Click and drag the cursor to the location you want to take a screenshot.
Your screenshot will appear in the Snip and Sketch Window.
To create a copy of your screenshot, select the Copy icon. This will allow you to copy and also keep the original screenshot.
If you want to share the screenshot, select the Share button to share your snip to other platforms.
Once you snip, you can edit your screenshot in the Snip and Sketch software. This software’s editing tools include a Pencil, an eraser, a ruler, and a protractor. These tools allow you to edit your snip in paint.
Use Third-Party Apps
MSI laptops feature third-party apps that take screenshots. The most popular third-party apps that MSI laptops feature are:
Snagit is a screen capture application that lets you take a screenshot on your MSI laptop. This application has many features that ease the task of taking a screenshot. These features include annotation tools, callouts, and sharing screenshots online.
Once you install the Snagit program on your laptop, run through it and capture screenshots. You can later share your screenshot with friends.
CloudApp allows you to capture screenshots on your MSI laptop and send them instantly through email or text. You can also share the screenshots on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter using CloudApp.
You can store your screenshots in Dropbox folders to keep them safe if you need extra storage for your screenshots. The CloudApp application features an annual and monthly payment plan.
Droplr is an application that enables file sharing with your friends and colleagues. This app also screenshots on MSI laptops using the Droplr’s web interface. This application is preferable because it automatically saves the screenshots in your cloud storage account.