The Best Bluetooth Receiver: A Top 5 Review
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever been stuck in a frustrating situation where you want to stream music, but your device is not Bluetooth compatible? Do you ever want to listen to your music on the go and not use your aux cord? A Bluetooth receiver is the best solution for you. A Bluetooth receiver will turn any non-Bluetooth device into the perfect device without any complicated work from you.
Gone are the days of buying an extra wireless speaker when you have a perfectly good stereo sitting around. You can now use your phone’s Bluetooth options to connect to your traditional speaker without buying extra cables. The Bluetooth receiver establishes a strong wireless connection without compromising the audio quality.
This buying guide helps you on your shopping journey. We will give you our top 5 picks, their specifications, and the pros and cons. We’ll also compare these receivers with other receivers on the market.Table could not be displayed.
Table of Contents
- 1Mii B06Pro Bluetooth Receiver
- Anker Soundsync Bluetooth Receiver
- Elegiant Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
- HIDIZS Lossless Bluetooth Receiver
- Pyle Bluetooth Receiver
- Frequently Asked Questions about the best Bluetooth receiver
- Final Word
1. Anker Soundsync Bluetooth Receiver
The first best Bluetooth receiver on our list, the Anker Soundsync Bluetooth Receiver is the perfect device for your home, car, and headphones. It’s an easy and efficient way to connect your non-Bluetooth devices. Its portable size makes your life much more straightforward. Its use isn’t limited to the home, and you can carry it with you wherever you go.
Once it’s fully charged, the receiver can last up to 12 hours. You can wirelessly stream your music for over half a day. This is pretty convenient because you don’t have to run around looking for charging cables and other cords. One full charge can put your mind at ease.
This product has a range of up to 30ft. Your speaker will remain connected as long as you’re within this range, so you’re not limited to a single space, and you can move around with your speaker and receiver.
- Product Dimensions: 1.96 x 1.14 x 0.4 inches
- Weight: 1.96 x 1.14 x 0.4 inches
- Battery: You’ll need a lithium polymer battery. No battery is included with this purchase.
- The receiver is compatible with cars. Unlike other receivers, this receiver doesn’t need a constant power source. You can carry it around and use it for as long as the battery life lasts. You can use it to update your car speakers and play music directly from your phone. You can also use it when you visit other people’s homes.
- It uses the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology. This technology ensures that your connection remains stable and that your music plays in a constant stream. It also makes it easy for you to connect to all Bluetooth devices, where they use iOs, Android, or any other operating system.
- It’s compact and lightweight. The receiver works well with other devices because of how small it is. Also, it’s easy for you to carry around.
- The receiver is easy to set up. If you’re worried about how you’ll connect the receiver without professional help, this will relieve your stress. It has a straightforward aux port and USB charging port. Additionally, the volume button is clearly visible for your convenience.
- You can connect to more than one device. Unlike some of the receivers on this list, the Soundsync has room for more than one device. All you have to do is pause your audio on one device, and it will automatically start playing from the other device.
- A noticeable hissing sound plays in the background when the device is idle. The sound goes away once you play music, but as long as your music is paused, the hissing is noticeable.
- The microphone doesn’t work as well as advertised. The receiver can make hands-free calls, but the quality decreases over time.
2. MaedHawk Store Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver
The MaedHawk Bluetooth receiver is a perfect solution for people with old tech that don’t want to spend a fortune on replacing wired devices like speakers, car radios or headphones. With this little device, you can transform old audio devices with a 3.5mm aux audio-in port into a modern wireless device.
This little receiver is very easy to use. You can simply pop it into your car radio, speaker, or your recessed aux headphone and allow your streaming device to connect to the receiver. Now sit back and play any audio on your phone through these sound systems so you can enjoy crystal clear music, podcasts, radio shows or audio books.
This receiver can also connect with more than one device at the same time. You can hook up two phones, a laptop, and a phone (or your tablet and laptop simultaneously) without any connectivity issues.
The receiver is designed with Bluetooth 5.0 technology. This advanced tech will allow you to play and stream seamlessly with minimal interferences and hiccups. The sound quality is good and there are no transmission delays with this modern tech.
It would’ve been nice if the receiver could automatically recharge while you use it but you’ll sadly need to recharge manually using a USB cable. It offers 5 hours of play time and can fully recharge in 1.5 hours. The good news is that you can still continue using the receiver while it’s on charge. This means you won’t have to miss a second of your favorite tunes while you drive.
- Product Dimensions: 1.97 x 0.49 x 0.49 inches
- Weight: 0.236 ounces
- Battery: 5 Hours battery life
- The device uses the upgraded Bluetooth 5.0 technology. With this software, you can connect any type of bluetooth device with all sorts of operating systems to your speaker system. This includes Android, IOS and others. Bluetooth 5.0 is also superb for streaming without any interruptions.
- The device is ideal for vehicles with older radios. You can stream music from your phone, enjoy hands-free calling, or use voice navigation all from your phone.
- The bluetooth device can stream from two phones at the same time. You can stream from any two phones or devices without any connectivity problems.
- The receiver is compatible with various devices that have 3.5mm aux audio-in ports. You can use it on older car radios, speakers, and headphones to turn these wired devices into wireless systems. This is an ideal solution for people who don’t want to replace all the tech in their homes at the moment. You can use your older tech for longer and get the same modern functionality.
- The 5 hour battery life is perfect for listening to music or the radio on long trips. It can also recharge using a USB cable and can continue playing while recharging the device. It takes about 1.5 hours to fully recharge.
- You can easily connect your phone in a large vehicle. The receiver can receive transmissions up to 50 feet away in an open area or if there’s nothing that can get in the way of the signal wave.
- Some buyers feel that the device sticks out too far. The device doesn’t fold in which leaves a little stick protruding from your device. It can be easy to knock or break the device if you accidentally get caught on it.
- The battery life isn’t very good. It can recharge and play while recharging but it will offer you a maximum of 5 hours connectivity.
- It’s a bluetooth receiver not a transmitter. You can use the device to connect to a speaker or device but can’t stream back to a bluetooth transmitting device like your phone.
- It’s designed for audio only. You can’t use the device to stream video content to a TV set.
3. TauTronics Bluetooth Receiver
If you’re not fond of recharging a bluetooth receiver then this one by TauTronics is an ideal solution. One of its most outstanding features is its extremely long battery life. This little receiver can keep running for up to 15 hours and it fully recharges in just 1.5 hours. You can recharge it via USB port and it can even keep playing while it’s recharging.
The little transmitter is ideal for transforming bluetooth-free wired devices into modern tech that you can connect with. You can use this device to stream audio content to devices like headphones, sound systems, radios, speakers, TV sets, MP3 players, and more. Just be careful not to use it on a device that already has bluetooth functionality or it might not work.
The receiver is designed with Bluetooth 5.0. This tech offers swift connectivity and fast uninterrupted transmission. The modern bluetooth technology also allows you to stream from various devices or operating systems. You can use just about any type of tablet, smartphone, or bluetooth laptop to play music from.
This best Bluetooth receiver is an ideal device in the car because you don’t have to unlock your phone for basic functions like volume control, play, pause, or forwarding a track. The device has buttons that you can easily press for these actions. It’s a good little device for hands-free calling, playing music, or for enjoying other audio content in your car or in a home with old tech.
- Product Dimensions: 1.6 x 1.6 x 0.4 inches
- Battery life: 15 Hours
- You can use the receiver to turn all sorts of old wired tech like stereos, headphones or speakers into bluetooth-equipped systems. It has a standard 3.5mm audio jack that slides into audio-in ports with ease to convert these devices. It will even connect to your TV set, computer, mp3 player or other devices that aren’t Bluetooth compatible. It won’t stream visual content but it’s great for all sorts of audio transmissions.
- The device comes with Bluetooth 5.0 technology. This tech is ideal for faster and more stable connections. It also allows you to stream from all sorts of operating systems like Android, IOS, Microsoft, or Apple to your receiver. It supports various file types such as A2DP, AVRCP, HSP and HFP, and you can connect two devices simultaneously without any connectivity issues.
- The receiver is ideal for playing music or to use for hands-free calling. We also love the play, pause, ffw, rewind and volume control buttons on the receiver because you have more control over your playlist without having to unlock your phone.
- With this little receiver you can listen to just about any audio content. You can listen to music, podcasts, ebooks, the GPS or even hear incoming calls.
- Unlike many receivers, this one has a very good battery life. It can keep you connected for up to 15 hours and can fully recharge in just 1.5 hours. If you must, you can even continue using it while it’s recharging via USB port.
- The receiver does have a microphone but you need to speak very close to the device for the audio to be clear. Some buyers find it hard to communicate hands-free if there’s a lot of road noise in the car.
- Some buyers dislike the long press to pair when you’re starting the device up. You also need to press the play button 4 – 5 seconds before the device will start playing.
- The device will not recharge automatically. You need to connect the USB cable to recharge it, but it only takes 1.5 hours to fully recharge and gives you up to 15 hours of functionality once charged.
- The receiver is only suitable for audio content. You can’t use it to stream music videos or visual content.
4. Comsoon Upgraded Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver
The Comsoon bluetooth receiver is another good pick if you need to connect old home and vehicle devices via bluetooth for audio streaming. It comes with Bluetooth 5.0 that allows you to stream music quickly and clearly. This bluetooth tech is compatible with various operating systems such as Mac, windows, Android and IOS so you can stream from all sorts of devices.
The little receiver has a standard 3.5mm audio jack that is compatible with audio-in jacks on most speaker and sound devices. You can just slide it in, turn it on and you are all set to connect with bluetooth.
This little receiver has a long battery life. It can continuously stream or play for up to 16 hours and it will reserve its energy for up to 200 hours when it is not in use. It will fully recharge in just 2.5 hours but you can keep using it even as it recharges.
Most people love this little receiver for vehicle audio systems. It allows you to stream any type of audio content or you can make hands free calls. A little button on the device also makes it very easy to receive or reject those calls.
- Product Dimensions: 2.36 x 1.54 x 0.39 inches
- Weight: 2.08 ounces
- Battery life: 16 Hours
- Connect a variety of non-bluetooth wired devices like car audio systems, home stereos, speakers, amplifiers or headphones and transform these devices into modern systems that can function wireless.
- Noise reduction technology eliminates echoes and background noises so you can listen to your favorite music without any interruptions.
- The battery life is very good. You can continue using it for 16 hours on end and it has a 200 hour stand-by time when it is not in use. The device takes 2.5 hours to fully recharge but it can play while you charge it via USB port.
- The receiver is compatible with various devices and operating systems. You can use it via your laptop, bluetooth MP3 player, smartphone or tablet and it is perfectly compatible with various operating systems such as windows, android and IOS.
- The call receive button instantly pauses music so you can make hands-free calls. There is no need to unlock your phone to receive those important calls. You can also use the same button to hang up or reject calls if you prefer.
- The receiver can connect with 2 devices at the same time without any interruptions or connectivity problems.
- The charging time of this receiver is a bit longer compared to some of the other devices on our list. This one will take about 2.5 hours to fully recharge but you can continue using it even as it charges.
- Some buyers feel that the microphone isn’t very good. You need to speak very close to the device or callers can’t hear you properly.
- The device has a voice that informs you when the device is connected, disconnected or when the sound is reaching max. Some buyers do find this voice annoying.
5. Kindrm Bluetooth Car Adapter
This little bluetooth receiver by Kidrm is a perfect budget option for people who need to turn old audio systems into modern bluetooth devices. The little adapter is small, easy to use and it can be used on various types of radios, speakers, sound systems and headphones so you can receive bluetooth signals through these devices.
Using it is very easy. It comes with Bluetooth 5.0 technology and will automatically connect your device. You can use laptops, tablets, smartphones or MP3 players to play music through your sound systems and you will have no issues with using different operating systems.
The battery life is good for such a small device. You can keep using it for up to 8 hours before you need to recharge it. It will fully recharge via USB cable in 1.5 hours and you can continue using it during this time.
One of the best things about this compact little receiver is its buttons. It has various buttons on the device that allow you to control the volume or tracks you want to play. One click of the button also allows for easy hands-free calling.
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 2.3 inches
- Battery life: 8 Hours
- Recharge time: 1.5 Hours
- The receiver is tiny and very light. It doesn’t get in your weight and doesn’t add more weight to your headphones. It is also very portable so you can take it anywhere with ease.
- It comes with bluetooth 5.0 technology. This advanced technology makes it compatible with most modern bluetooth devices or operating systems. You can use it with android, IOs and other operating systems and it functions great when you stream from tablets, smartphones, laptops and other types of players.
- We love the tiny buttons on this little receiver. You can control the volume, play or ffw songs, rewind, turn it on and off or you can switch it to hands-free calling mode without unlocking your phone.
- The little device is ideal for transforming old wired devices like speakers, car stereos, home audio systems, headphones and amplifiers to wireless bluetooth devices.
- The battery life is pretty good. It will keep playing for 8 hours on end and it is quick to recharge. You can also keep using the receiver while it is recharging. It will be fully charged in 1.5 hours after which you can remove the cable.
- The receiver gives a warning message that says “low battery” when the battery life starts to empty. Some buyers find this constant reminder a bit annoying.
- Some buyers do find it challenging to pair more than one device with the receiver. It takes a bit of effort but it is entirely doable.
- The buttons are not made of the best quality materials but they are still very practical compared to some of these receivers that don’t have any buttons on them at all.
Frequently Asked Questions about the best Bluetooth receiver
How do Bluetooth receivers work?
A Bluetooth receiver aims to connect a Bluetooth device to a non-Bluetooth device. You often need one when connecting your mobile device to traditional stereo systems and sound systems. A Bluetooth receiver works by turning your Bluetooth signal into a radio wave that the sound system can understand. Here is a more detailed explanation of this process.
Can I use a Bluetooth receiver as a transmitter?
No. It can only work as a transmitter if that is specified on the product. For example, the Elegiant receiver can function as both a receiver and a transmitter in this buying guide. It cannot work as a transmitter because receiving and transmitting are two distinct tasks.
The work of a receiver is explained above, and then a transmitter does the opposite. A Bluetooth transmitter enables the non-Bluetooth device to send signals to the wireless Bluetooth device. There are only a few receivers that can perform both tasks.
Can I use a Bluetooth receiver in my car?
Yes. Most receivers work via an aux cord that you can also connect to your car. Like most of the ones in our guide, the small receivers are easy to move around and can be used both indoors and outdoors. We advise you to purchase a receiver that can be used in your home and car so that you receive the best value for your money.
How do I know if I need a Bluetooth receiver?
You will know that you need a Bluetooth receiver when you want to bring your sound system into the modern age. You may have great speakers that you are not ready to part with yet, or you may just prefer the traditional setup. You will also want to use your mobile devices to play music. If you find yourself faced with these problems, that’s when you will know that you need a Bluetooth receiver. You can also use the Bluetooth receiver to play music from your phone while you’re in the car.
The process of finding the best Bluetooth receiver can be a lengthy one. You need to find the one which is compatible with your mobile devices and is within your price range. You also have to think about things such as how you’ll move the receiver around and whether you can set it up by yourself.
Luckily, you came across this buying guide that makes the process much easier. This guide explains how each product works and the reasons for and against buying it. We also answered some of the most frequently asked questions that we came across during our research.
We hope that this article has been helpful in your shopping experience for the best bluetooth receiver. Feel free to explore the rest of our site and read similar articles.