Do you enjoy a good game of golf? A lot of people love the game for the serenity of the golf course where they can concentrate.
However, driving along in a golf cart can get quite boring after some time. You can make this ride better by playing your favorite music on a golf cart Bluetooth speaker.
Music, wind on your face, and green space…you get the picture.
In this article, we picked out the best-performing Bluetooth speakers that you can easily mount on your golf cart or pushcart. Some you can carry everywhere with you or stake it into the ground next to you.
The upside of a golf cart Bluetooth speaker is the fact that you do not need to install a radio and speakers. You only need to find a spot on the cart to mount them and go.
Switch up your performance by playing some tunes while golfing. After all, studies have suggested that music can make athletes perform better.
If you are now sold to the idea of an awesome speaker, we have some choices for you, alongside their advantages and disadvantages. These speaker units are portable and provide hours of playback.
An ideal golf cart speaker should have high-quality sound, be wireless, and waterproof.
Table of Contents
- Ampcaddy Version 3 Pro Golf Bluetooth Speaker with Mount
- TREBLAB FX100 Waterproof Rugged Bluetooth Speaker
- Upside Golf SUPERX7 PRO Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker
- Sound Caddy Golf Club Bluetooth Speaker and Power Bank
- Ampcaddy Version 3 Pro Max Bluetooth Speaker
Golfers who love music have one lingering complaint. They want to hear their music above the sound of the wind, but they also want to maintain good golf course etiquette.
The V3 Pro solved this problem using a unique directional audio feature on this speaker. The feature allows you to direct the sound where you want it to go. Sound will only be concentrated in that direction instead of scattering it out to other golfers.
AmpCaddy is the ideal golfing companion because it takes only seconds to set up and play. The tiny speaker also holds its charge for 20 hours from the initial full charging session.
Since it is an outdoor speaker, it is engineered to withstand some hardships in the field. It can survive 5ft drops and has a waterproof rating of IPX7.
It is durable, waterproof, and can hold a charge for hours. What could be better?
- AmpCaddy is the most recommended Bluetooth speaker unit for golfers. It makes sense that it was designed by PGA golfers in the USA
- The speaker clamps securely on golf carts and pushcarts. That’s all you need to begin using it
- It projects crystal clear highs and decent bass owing to the 15W juice and Bass Boost 2-inch resonator
- After it mounts, you deploy the multi-directional audio swivel to direct sound to yourself
- The Bluetooth Speaker can sync to any smartphone or Bluetooth audio capable devices up to a 100 ft range
- Rechargeable battery capacity lasts for up to 20 hours of playtime
- Supports multipoint pairing. Your buddies can pair their AmpCaddy speakers together and stream from one device
- Waterproof rating of IPX7. This means that it can survive submersion in 1m of water for 30 minutes
- 2-year warranty and a money-back guarantee if you are not happy with your speaker
- 20-hour playtime is impressive for this portable model
- The unique multidirectional audio swivel allows you to enjoy hours of music without being rude
- Completely waterproof speaker
- Easy mount and demount from the golf cart
- Some units may come with loose mounting screws because of quality control issues
TREBLAB makes high-quality audio products and the FX100 is one of them.
It has a unique cylindrical shape with a bright-red built-in carabiner clip for making quick connections. Somehow this simple metal loop makes the claims that the FX100 is for hardcore pursuits believable.
TREBLAB FX100 is a beast that comes with a sustained power supply of 35 hours! What’s more, the in-built power bank packs a massive 7500mAh which can provide a power source for days before it runs out.
It has a built-in mic if you wish to speak hands-free through the Bluetooth speaker.
- FX100 is proofed against environmental conditions such as dust, water splashes, shock, and falls
- IPX4 waterproof rating makes it resistant to multi-directional water splashes
- It produces an intense stereo sound that drowns out external noise. It is a balanced 360-degree sound with pounding bass and clear highs
- The built-in power bank supplies a 7000mAh power supply to recharge your mobile devices when the battery drains
- FX100’s rechargeable battery plays stereo sound for 35 hours after a single charge
- It will transform into a speakerphone to take and end calls
- Easy connection to other Bluetooth audio streaming devices including TV sets
- Ergonomic volume control buttons. You can switch to a different track mode such as USB, MP3
- Low battery warning lights
- 1-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee period
- Lightweight at only 1.34 pounds. This is safe to dangle with a carabiner
- Rugged design to last long
- Clear sounds even at high volumes, with zero distortion
- Easy wireless connection
- All these premium features come at a price, but it is still under $100
Upside SUPERX7 is another excellent Bluetooth speaker for the golf course. It has a patent-pending LockOn feature that secures the speaker from falling.
The magnetic base allows golfers to place it on any metallic surface that they want to.
The Upside Golf speaker has a decent battery life of 15 hours from a full charge. This is more than enough time to make rounds at the golf course.
It has less than 2 hours charging time which is ideal if you are a forgetful person. It can work up to full power in a couple of minutes.
- Upside SUPERX7 features the world’s first super-strength Neodymium magnet attached to the speaker. This enables you to mount it securely on to any metal surface
- The Bluetooth range connects for a distance of up to 200ft in an open field. The Bluetooth version 4.2 with Advanced Antenna Design improves the wireless range
- Connects effortlessly with all Echo Dot smart speakers, Android and iPhone phones, Laptops, and any other device with Bluetooth streaming features
- The waterproof rating of IPX7 indicates that the speaker is completely waterproof. It is safe in up to 3 feet of water and splash. However, you cannot fully or partially submerge the speaker
- At full volume, the sound projection travels 300 yards
- Recharge via USB charging port for less than 2 hours
- It is designed to work for golfers. The designer is a professional golfer with 14 years of experience under his belt
- It is one of the lightest golf speakers you’ll ever come across at 1.2 pounds
- Unbelievable Bluetooth range. You can walk the green without your music stopping
- 15 hours of playlists
- Dual stereo sound
- IPX7 rating should protect it from immersion in water, but it doesn’t
Everything about Sound Caddy speakers screams golf right from the design. The speaker is shaped like a driver club. The shapes make it easy to install and carry it the same way as all other clubs in the bag.
The Sound Caddy speaker is still the odd one out in a bag of clubs because it is made of a rubberized plastic instead of wood or metal.
It has hidden features beneath the club head design. It houses dual premium hi-fi 30 mm speakers. In addition to that, it houses a passive omnidirectional subwoofer.
If you prefer to navigate the golf course by driving on a cart, the Caddy Sound club head detaches from the shaft. It opens to a bottom shaft that you can plant into the cart’s tee holder.
You can also impale the spike onto the grass as you play your game.
- No need for wires except a USB cord for charging
- In-house power bank with two 2.1A USB ports for charging phones
- Weatherproof so it will still play music while sticking among damp grass
- Removable shaft, strong grip rubber bottom, tee hole spike, those are some ergonomic features of this golf cart speaker
- Powerful 4000mAh rechargeable battery
- Supports at least 15 hours of playtime
- Sound Caddy speaker is easy to set up and use
- The speaker is highly portable. At 4-½ inches it can fit anywhere
- Easy to assemble
- The sound quality is excellent for such a small device
- It is small but weighty enough to add significant weight to your golf bag
- There is no protective cover for the speaker even though the chances of damage while carrying it as a club is minimal
The goal of AmpCaddy is to bring more fun into a tame sport. Music and golf keep away the boredom.
Before proper speakers were made, golfers contended with struggling sounds drowned in the cubby. Placing the speaker onto the cup holder wasn’t much help either. The sound was too muffled for the outdoor sounds, even in such a quiet setting.
AmpCaddy V3 Pro Max decided to make speakers that were loud enough to be heard above the rattle of the cart and still stay contained in one direction. Not to forget the loud stereo and bass-boosted music this unit is capable of playing.
The AmpCaddy team has so much confidence in their products that they are issuing a 2-year warranty on all aspects of the product.
- Designed by US pro-golfers, so it is well-suited for golfing enthusiasts
- It mounts quickly and securely to both golf carts and pushcarts
- V3 Pro Max projects clear highs and excellent bass to the surrounding environment. The bass comes from a subwoofer
- Powered at 40 watts and amplified by a 2-inch Bass Boost resonator
- 180-degree audio channeling feature after you mount the AmpCaddy. This directs sound to your group without breaking the golf course rules
- Long Bluetooth range of up to 100 feet and connects to all smartphones
- AmpCaddy V3 Pro Max rechargeable battery has a long life of 20 hours. Charges via a Type-C USB cable
- Multi pairing function. You can wirelessly connect several other AmpCaddy speakers to create a true stereo
- Waterproof rating of IPX7 means the speaker is 100% waterproof
- Rugged design to survive falls
- 2-year warranty and a money-back guarantee if you hate your speakers
- Connects easily with smart devices for a diverse listening experience
- V3 Pro Max is highly portable because it is light. Golfers can easily move with it
- This small unit blasts incredibly sound
- Long-lasting battery life
- The price of this the V3 Pro is quite high
How is the AmpCaddy V3 Pro Max Speaker Vs V3 Pro?
The Pro Max version is the bigger version of the V3 Pro. It is not only the size that is bigger but the power and audio output too.
V3 Pro Max is for those golfers who want to have really loud volumes while they play.
The V3 Pro MAX has some similarities to the V3 Pro when it comes to waterproof functions and shock resistance.
When it comes to battery life, the V3 Pro trumps the V3 Pro Max.
I want to buy a Bluetooth speaker for my golf cart. Which one is the best?
There are a ton of things we look at before awarding any golf cart Bluetooth speaker the “best award”.
We want to make it easy for you too, so we’ll let you into our secrets. The following is everything we look for in a portable golf wireless speaker.
How easy is it to install that Bluetooth unit?
No matter how rich the sound from your speaker is, you have to install it properly to enjoy it.
Are you considering a permanent install option or a quick pole mount and dismount like AmpCaddy V3 Pro and Pro Max?
You may also consider the portable option that comes with a Carabiner like the TREBLAB FX100. This will let you take the speaker with you to your other outdoor activities besides the golf course.
When you are thinking about the ease of installation acknowledge your skill level. A cup holder speaker or a carabiner clip is easy for everyone to use. A pole mount is slightly advanced but still simple enough.
A permanent installation requires a high level of skill.
- Playing Mode
What do you need the speaker to do?
Do you only want to play music? If that’s all you need then all the speakers in this list qualify as excellent choices.
If you need additional features like a built-in speakerphone, the TREBLAB FX100 has one. For other features like Siri, consider getting the Upside Golf SUPERX7 PRO.
Other kinds of Bluetooth speakers allow an SD card slot and an additional 3.5mm aux-in cable if you prefer to stay analog.
Look for the speaker with as many of these features as you want. The probability that not one speaker will have everything you are looking for in one place is high. This article lists all the standard features of the different models.
- Frequency Response
The different levels of sound quality produced by the various Bluetooth speakers show that some of them are better than others.
Frequency response plays a big role in the quality of sound output. It refers to the range of sounds a speaker can produce whether it is in the full audio spectrum. This frequency range is between 20Hz and 20kHz.
The wider a speaker’s frequency response is, the more clarity and accuracy your speaker will exhibit.
- Number of Speaker Drivers and Power Rating
Do you like throbbing bass or just loud music in general?
If you want a powerful speaker, pay attention to the drivers listed. The more speaker drivers, the more promising the bass and loudness are.
You should also pay attention to the total power output listing measured in watts and sometimes denoted as “W”.
The standard speaker driver size for a portable Bluetooth speaker is 40mm. However, you should look for speaker drivers between 55mm-60mm and high to attain better sound quality.
Lastly, look out for speakers labeled mono or stereo (left and right) sound output. This changes the quality of sound you get drastically.
- Premium Features & Durable Construction
The speakers we have analyzed in this write-up have some sort of protective feature. They all have a waterproof rating or weatherproof functions.
They have been described as shock-proof, drop-resistant, and even dust-proof.
Make sure that your speakers can be described as rugged so that they can withstand outdoor elements. Sometimes accidents happen, your speaker should be able to survive an accidental drop on the ground or a splash into the water.
- Battery Capacity and Runtime
The selection in this list included some options with batteries that could operate for hours on end. Most of them could take you through a game of 18 holes.
We still need you to pay attention to the battery range. You could be the type of person who sometimes forgets to plug in their appliances after use.
If this is you, look for a device that has a high runtime. It will be a bonus if this model of Bluetooth speaker also came with a power bank to charge other devices.
It will also help if the speaker has a short charging time to full charge.
From our reviews, TREBLAB FX100 had the highest runtime of 35 hours and also has a built-in power bank. Ampcaddy Version 3 Pro Golf came in a close second with 20 hours runtime. Upside Golf SUPERX7 took the least amount of time to reach full charge.
Sound Caddy Golf Club Bluetooth speaker comes with its power bank to supplement its 15 hours runtime.
- Bluetooth Range
There is nothing more annoying than having the sound connect and disconnect because the audio device is out of range for the Bluetooth speaker.
Music will stop playing when the audio source is outside the speaker’s connectivity zone. How far can your speaker be before it drops the signal?
Consider getting a speaker with a range of at least 30ft. Some speakers in this list have a range of up to 100 feet.
- Bluetooth Version
The version of your Bluetooth driver matters! In part, it will determine the extent of connection the golf cart speaker has.
Classic Bluetooth versions 1.0-3.0 are fine for most applications. However, technologically advanced versions 4.0 and 5.0 come with a host of benefits. They have a wider wireless range, more data transfer rates, and consume less power.
If you need to listen to your favorite music for hours or if the range and quality of sound are a priority for you; get Bluetooth 4.0 or 5.0.
Q: Are Bluetooth speakers permitted on a golf course?
A lot of people enjoy being on a golf course because it is tranquil. If you need to play music, you should first check with the management of that specific course.
Generally, even for places where music is allowed, it is considered rude to blast music so much that it distracts other golfers. There are speakers in our list that allow you to contain the music within your small group.
You probably are aware that you cannot play music during official games. You can however play it on a range or during practice.
Play your music within reasonable volume so the sounds don’t bother others.
We hope you found the information in this buying guide valuable in your quest to find the best Bluetooth speaker.
Let us know if you have any questions and comments about golf cart Bluetooth speakers!