You’ve probably seen other people wearing them around the gym or on a hiking trail. It looks as if people are wearing a horseshoe around their neck, and yet they’re enjoying themselves!
Neckband headphones are the well-balanced middle child in the headphones world. If wired headphones are in the past and wireless earbuds are in the future, neckband headphones are the high-performing present.
Buying your own pair of neckband headphones can be a frustrating process. There are so many available options, and every brand claims that theirs are the best. We’ve made it easier for you by researching the best around-the-neck Bluetooth headphones available.
Here’s what we found:
With over 30 million units sold worldwide, it’s no surprise that BLUECOM has produced such a high-quality product. EXFIT is their latest product that’s marketed towards people who lead active lifestyles. The wireless nature is aimed at people who don’t have the patience to detangle earphones every time they come out of their pockets.
At 1.6 ounces, this pair of Bluetooth headphones is very lightweight. It won’t feel like you’re dragging a burden around your neck, and you’ll forget that you’re even wearing headphones at all. You’ll still be able to move swiftly while working out.
Just because they are lightweight doesn’t mean that they don’t pack a strong sound. The headphones defy expectations by having a rich bass and a well-balanced sound system. You can choose whether you want to listen to your music with a low, medium, or high bass.
The EXFIT headphones have an automatic answering system. The earbuds are retractable, and all you have to do is pull one earbud to answer a call. You can put the earbud back once your phone call is complete. Also, the HD microphone ensures that your call audio is clear.
In a busy world where one needs to do many things simultaneously, these earphones are a valuable investment.
- Color: Matte Black
- Fit Type: In-Ear
- Dimensions: 7.01 x 6.26 x 0.71 inches
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Item ASIN: B07JM4PWC6
- Batteries: 1 lithium-ion battery is required and included.
- The headphones can pair with more than one device at a time.
- Ambient noise option for people who want to remain aware of their surroundings.
- IPx4 sweat and water-resistance rating.
- They vibrate to let you know whether the Bluetooth is connected or disconnected.
- You can pick from 3 different EQ sound modes.
- It has auto-call answering functions.
- It responds to voice-automated controls through Siri, Bixby, or Google Assistant.
- An Amazon customer complained that the Bluetooth connection isn’t strong. For example, it disconnected when he turned his head too quickly or walked a few steps away from his phone.
- The sound quality fades over time.
The SoundPEATS Force Pro headphones have dual dynamic drivers that deliver premium sound. The headphones have a crisp treble and a clear bass. We suggest buying these headphones if you’re a music enthusiast. You’ll be able to follow every note and melody and appreciate each song’s music production.
The headphones have the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology. Unlike the EXFIT headphones, you won’t have any complaints about the sound connecting and reconnecting. The Bluetooth has a wide range, and the connection will never fall off once the two are paired.
In addition, the headphones have Qualcomm aptX HD technology that produces clear and crisp audio. As a result, you can have clear phone calls without any noise interaction from your background.
Reducing background noise means that you can take a call while going on with the rest of your day. A built-in microphone makes this process even more efficient.
The SoundPEATS Force headphones are the most comfortable pair on our list. The neckband is made from silicone that won’t irritate your skin, so you can wear them around your neck for a whole day without chafing. The collar is also as lightweight as the EXFIT, but this pair tends to be more comfortable.
- Color: Black
- Fit Type: In-Ear
- Dimensions: 34.25 x 0.43 x 1.08 inches
- Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Item ASIN: B0836JGCBN
- The earbuds are magnetic, so they’re easy to carry around.
- The 10mm dual dynamic drivers produce an optimum sound.
- The Bluetooth 5.0 makes it easy for you to pair with any device with Bluetooth 4.1 and above.
- Once you connect, the connection is remarkably stable.
- The headphones have 3 buttons that are simple to understand and use.
- They have up to 22 hours of playtime from a single charge.
- They have a high IPx rating, meaning that they are sweat and water-resistant.
- The built-in mic makes it easier for you to take phone calls.
- The silicone neckband is comfortable enough to wear all day.
- You’ll know that they’re dying when one earphone stops working, and the other one quickly follows.
- The fit can be shaky, and they’ll occasionally slip out of your ears.
The Anker Soundcore headphones have the most extended battery life. A full charge will have you listening to music for days on end. The company advertises a 24-hour playtime, but some customers have reported having listened for more extended periods. So, if you often forget to charge your devices, this is the perfect pair of neckband headphones for you.
Like the SoundPEATS, these headphones have 10mm sound drivers. This is approximately 20% larger than ordinary earphones. These headphones produce a full and clear sound that you can fully immerse yourself in. You can swap to the Bass mode if you enjoy your music with an extra kick.
These Bluetooth neckband headphones have an ergonomic fit for optimal comfort. They’re also made with silicone materials, but they are mixed with a titanium alloy to ensure a snug fit. The extra titanium also works to retain the headbands’ shape. So it doesn’t matter how long you wear them or how you store them – the headphones will perfectly wrap around your neck.
The noise cancelation technology reduces background noise, making it easier to communicate with other people. If you often take phone calls or participate in video conferences, you should consider buying this pair.
In addition, these headphones have the best isolation technology, ensuring that the people on the other end of the line can hear you without a muffled background.
- Color: Black
- Fit Type: In-Ear
- Dimensions: 6.89 x 5.37 x 1.26 inches
- Weight: 1.12 ounces
- Item ASIN: B086L8WF4D
- Batteries: One lithium-ion battery is required, and it’s not included with the purchase.
- The headphones are lightweight and easy to carry.
- The 10-mm audio drivers and bio-cellulose diaphragm deliver superior audio quality.
- A single charge will last for 24 hours of playtime.
- The microphone has cVc 8.0 noise reduction technology that clearly picks up your voice.
- The flex-form neckband is comfortable and designed for all-day wear.
- The bass is powerful without messing up the rest of the sound.
- An Amazon customer who is a confessed audiophile enjoyed how he could pick out different musical elements when listening.
- The headphones are pretty fragile. Any slight mistreatment can make them break.
- The wires aren’t retractable, so they’re always dangling from the neckband.
This upgraded design (upgraded from the SX-991) is geared towards people with an active lifestyle, and it feels more energetic. In addition, it’s the only pair of headphones that comes with its own carrying pouch.
The pouch protects your headphones while you’re in transit, which elongates the headphones’ lifespan. The carrying case is also an easy way to ensure that you don’t lose your headphones.
Like the EXFIT wireless headphones, this pair vibrates to let you know when there is an incoming call, so you won’t miss any calls when you’re busy listening to music or when you’re sitting in noisy areas. Also, you can use voice prompts to control the headsets. You can communicate through Siri, Bixby, or Google Assistant.
The BEARTWO neckband headset is amongst the top options in terms of battery life. You can spend 18 hours talking or 16 hours speaking on a single charge. The extended battery life also means that you can spend the whole day continuously listening to music. It’s an excellent feature for people who don’t want to waste time charging their headphones every other hour.
You can connect two devices to these headphones. Unlike other less innovative products, there is no pressure to pick which device you’re going to use to play music. Instead, you can swap between your phone, your smartwatch, your tablet, and your computer.
- Color: Black
- Fit Type: In-Ear
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 6.1 x 1.2 inches
- Weight: 2.61 ounces
- Item ASIN: B07XFMKMLG
- Batteries: 1 lithium polymer battery required and included.
- Each pair comes with 3 different-sized silicone gel ear tips to help you find the perfect fit.
- Active noise canceling so you can solely focus on your music or peacefully take phone calls.
- The neckband will comfortably sit around your neck without causing any chaffing or heaviness.
- They are the only foldable headphones that can fit in a specialized case.
- You only need to charge for three and a half hours to get 18 hours of talking time, 16 hours of playback, and 300 standby hours.
- The earbuds are retractable, so you can choose the length that you want.
- They offer a high sound quality.
- Even though they are foldable, constantly messing around with the wires can make them die quickly.
- A previous customer noted that the Bluetooth connection would connect and disconnect while they were running.
The BUMMD neckband headphones have a very comfortable neckband fit. The neckband is very lightweight and body contoured to fit you properly. In addition, the neck strap is so flexible that you can bend it to fit your unique neck shape. This is an ideal pair for anyone who values comfort.
Each earbud has a magnet. The earbuds attach when you put them around your neck and when they’re not in use. This reduces the burden on your ears when you’re not listening to music. It’s also a convenient storage method so that you don’t lose your earphones.
The headphones have an in-built microphone with noise-reduction abilities. The upgraded version has a strong bass that improves the quality of phone calls. CVC 6.0 noise reduction technology ensures that you can hear the person talking on the other side better.
- Color: Black
- Fit Type: In-Ear
- Dimensions: 9.06 x 6.02 x 0.98 inches
- Weight: 1.2 ounces
- Item ASIN: B07P65VSYR
- The control buttons are separate for easy use.
- Even though they aren’t truly wireless, the wires won’t get in your way.
- The neckband is both strong and flexible.
- The battery lasts for over 10 hours.
- They are the cheapest headphones in our buying guide.
- The magnetic earbuds are convenient for storage.
- The HD stereo sound allows you to enjoy every aspect of your music.
- The headphones don’t automatically reconnect when a device is nearby. You’ll have to switch them on and off.
- They can be inconsistent. You’ll be taking a chance about whether you get a great pair or a not-so-great pair.
With such a wide variety available, it’s up to you to decide which headphone features you value the most. In rare cases like the EXFIT headphones, you get a combination of the best features – but you’ll have to pay a lot of money for that.
It’s crucial for you to think about what you want to use the headphones for before committing to a final purchase. We hope this guide has helped you find the best around-the-neck Bluetooth headphones for your needs!