Many people prefer Galaxy Buds because they are of excellent quality but cheaper. If you own an iPhone, you should know how to connect Galaxy Buds to an iPhone. Galaxy Buds have become popular among consumers, however, not everyone prefers a Samsung Galaxy phone over an iPhone. Apple still has quite an amazing product when it comes to their iPhones that keep people loyal. Many consumers continue to purchase iPhones every day, and when it is time to upgrade, those same consumers often stick with the Apple brand. Because of this, it is important to note that iPhones are still compatible with Bluetooth accessories from different manufacturers.
Table of Contents
- How do you connect a pair of Galaxy Buds to an iPhone?
- How to connect your Galaxy Buds to your iPhone
How do you connect a pair of Galaxy Buds to an iPhone?
There are two main ways to connect your Galaxy Buds to an iPhone. First, you can simply pair your Galaxy Buds with your iPhone through Bluetooth Settings. Second, you can download and install the Samsung Galaxy Buds application and pair your Galaxy Buds to your iPhone through the application.
Although Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds2, Galaxy Buds Pro, and Galaxy Buds Live are some of the best wireless headphone products on the market, it is important to know that there are many different wireless headphone products available that are compatible with the iPhone.
Therefore, it is not necessary to purchase the Apple Airpods if you would like to use the Samsung Galaxy Buds are another brand.
Let us look at how to connect a pair of Galaxy Buds, whether the Basic, Pro, Live, or the Galaxy Buds2 edition, to an iPhone using the two main methods of connection.
First, we will review how to connect the Galaxy Buds through the Bluetooth Settings on the iPhone, and then we will look at how to connect the Galaxy Buds to the iPhone through the Samsung Galaxy Buds phone application.
How to connect your Galaxy Buds to your iPhone
If you have an iPhone running iOS 12 or later, then connecting your Galaxy Buds to your iPhone should be incredibly easy. The process is the same as connecting any other Bluetooth accessory like a Bluetooth Speaker or a hands-free headset.
Everything can be done from the settings on your iPhone. Additionally, you have the option of using the Samsung Galaxy Buds phone application to help with the syncing process of your wireless ear buds and iPhone.
How to connect through an iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings
The first thing you need to do to connect your Galaxy Buds to your iPhone is to make sure that the battery on your earbuds is properly charged. Either way, you will need to place your Galaxy Buds into the case that the earbuds came in.
If the battery indicator light does not flash when you close the lid of the case, then you will need to charge the Galaxy Buds for a minimum of 10 minutes before they will be ready to pair to your iPhone.
If you need to charge at this time, do so, and if you have time, the longer you can let them charge the better. Once you open the lid of the Samsung Galaxy Buds charging case, the earbuds should automatically enter into pairing mode.
Once your Galaxy Buds are charged and ready to be paired, go ahead and open up your iPhone while making sure that your earbuds and your phone are close to one another.
When you open up your iPhone, go directly to the Settings menu and then to Bluetooth Settings. Make sure that the Bluetooth function on/off switch is flipped to on.
Once the Bluetooth on your iPhone has been activated, you should see two options appear, My Devices and Other Devices. If this is the first time pairing your Galaxy Buds, you should see them appear in the Other Devices section.
Go ahead and click on Other Devices and then find the model name that most closely resembles the Samsung Galaxy Buds. Click on the model name and you should be able to connect your Galaxy Buds to your iPhone within a few short moments.
Once you have paired your Galaxy Buds to your iPhone, you should be able to easily connect the two in the future directly from the menu screen.
Next time you are wanting to connect your earbuds to your phone, you should be able to pull up the accessory menu from the start screen with a simple swipe of the thumb. The accessory menu has many different features including Wifi connection settings, a flashlight, lock screen settings, and Bluetooth settings, among many others.
When you pull up your accessory menu, make sure that your Galaxy Buds are in pairing mode by placing them in the charging case and closing and opening the lid.
When you know that the earbuds are in pairing mode, go ahead and toggle the Bluetooth Settings function off and then on again in the accessory menu.
When the Bluetooth Settings function is on again, it should automatically bring up the My Devices menu where you should find the model name of your Galaxy Buds. Click on the model name and you should be properly connected once again.
To recap, here are the steps to connect your Galaxy Buds to your iPhone using the Bluetooth Settings Menu on an iPhone running iOS 12 or later.
- Make sure your Galaxy Buds are properly charged by placing them into the case.
- If the battery indicator light flashes, then you are good to go. If not, let your earbuds charge for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to pair your Galaxy Buds to your iPhone, open the lid of the charging case which should automatically put the earbuds into pairing mode.
- Next, go ahead and open up your iPhone and go to the Settings menu.
- In Settings, find Bluetooth Settings and make sure the on/off switch is toggled to on.
- In Bluetooth settings, go ahead and find the Other Devices option.
- Click on Other Devices and locate the model name that resembles your Samsung Galaxy Buds.
- Click on the model name and wait a few short seconds for the connection to be made.
- Enjoy your music and podcasts, and make phone calls with your Galaxy Buds now paired to your iPhone.
How to connect through the Samsung Galaxy Buds App
If you download and install the Samsung Galaxy Buds phone application, the process is pretty much the same, however, you can use the app to pair your Galaxy Buds as well as control them and download any updates that the earbuds may require to function properly in the future.
Here is a quick breakdown of how to connect your Samsung Galaxy Buds to your iPhone using the phone app.
- Download and install the Samsung Galaxy Buds phone application onto your iPhone.
- Make sure your Galaxy Buds are properly charged by placing them into the charging case.
- If they are properly charged, you can go ahead and open the Samsung Galaxy Buds application.
- In the application, press the start button.
- Place your earbuds into the charging case if they are not already in there.
- Close and open the lid of the charging case, the light should be green if the earbuds are properly charged.
- Go to your Settings and then Bluetooth Settings on your iPhone.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and go to the Other Devices section of your Bluetooth Settings.
- Find your Galaxy Buds by locating the model name.
- Click on the model name and within a few seconds, you should be able to enjoy your music and whatever else you would like to listen to through your new wireless earbuds.