If you want to know if you can get Optus Sport on your ps5 gaming system, you are in the right place. Let me quickly and easily show you how to get it on your PlayStation (ps5) gaming console.
Simple Steps to Get Optus Sport on PS5:
Yes, you can get Optus Sport on your PlayStation 5 (PS5) console. Here’s how:
- On your PS5 home screen, select the “Store” icon.
- In the Store, use the search function to find “Optus Sport.”
- Select the Optus Sport app from the search results and press the “Download” button.
- Once the app has finished downloading, select it from the “Library” section of your PS5 home screen to launch it.
To access Optus Sport, you will need a subscription to the service. You can sign up for a subscription on the Optus Sport website or through the app.
Note: The availability of Optus Sport on your PS5 may vary depending on your location.
What Is Optus Sport On ps5?
Optus Sport is a streaming service that offers live and on-demand Australian sports content. It is available on a variety of devices, including the PlayStation 5 (PS5) console.
With a subscription to Optus Sport, you can watch a range of sports, including soccer, rugby, cricket, and more. The service offers live coverage of various leagues and tournaments, as well as highlights and other related content.
To use Optus Sport on your PS5, you will need to download the app from the PlayStation Store and sign up for a subscription. Once you have done this, you can access the service by launching the app from your PS5 home screen. (See instructions above)
Note: The availability to stream Optus Sport on your PS5 may vary depending on your location within the USA.
The Best VPN Service
VPN is the best way to ensure that you can use Optus sport if you are not located in Australia. The VPN ensures that your IP address is concealed by an Australian IP address.
Therefore, you can access the same content presented in Australia with a VPN. Some of the VPNs recommended for PS5 gaming consoles include the following:
The CyberGhost VPN is one of the best services to use in PS5 consoles because it has at least 7000 servers distributed to at least 90 countries worldwide.
In the US, it will offer you about 70mbps of download speed and can show you the internet speed in other countries.
CyberGhost has about 256-bit AES encryption and other techniques like split tunneling to offer you online protection from any malware attacks.
Cyber ghost requires a subscription of $2.18 per month for three years, but once you subscribe for the 1st month, you can get your money back within 45 days if the VPN is not working as you had expected.
ExpressVPN is also an efficient way to access geo-restricted content or applications while protecting your online privacy.
It provides one of the quickest and most dependable servers enabling you to access Optus sport in your area. It has at least 3000 servers in atleast 94 countries and can secure 256-bit encryption. Additionally, it consists of a DNS server and a kill switch that will protect other users from accessing your VPN account.
When it comes to its cost, the payment plan requires you to subscribe to $6.67 per month for a 1-year contract.
Nord VPN is an efficient service that will offer at least 5500 servers in 60 countries, making it a suitable server.
It offers a strong network that allows the connection of 6 devices simultaneously. Additionally, it has a reliable DNS that will prevent data leaks and a 256-bit encryption for overall data protection.
It also features cyber sec and double VPN technology that will permit you to enter multiple accounts for a 2-year plan that guarantees a 30 days money return for customers unsatisfied with the server.
Surfshark VPN provides an affordable alternative you can use if you are on a budget. The laws and policies of this VPN service allow you to connect many gaming consoles as you lie and offer split tunneling and multi-hop techniques. Surfshark has got atleast 3200 servers distributed within 60 countries.
Surfshark also lets users view videos securely and quickly while gaining access to other geo-restricted websites. The surfshark requires a subscription price of $2.9 per month for a 2-year contract. Therefore, if you the surfshark VPN, you get to enjoy its affordable and excellent bandwidth in your gaming console.
How to use VPN on Optus Sport in your PS5
The process involves subscribing to a suitable VPN server and logging in to your account. Then, connect your VPN server with the Australian server to block or mimic the Australian IP address.
Then go to your PS5 game console and install the Optus application.
If you already have an Optus sport account, enable your VPN on the sport application, and you are ready to use and watch Optus Sport live football games on PS5.
Can VPN be detected on Optus Sport App?
One drawback of using a VPN server is that it will not guarantee safety in using the Optus sports app on your PS5. The app may detect VPN and prevent you from streaming any football games. Therefore, if Optus sport realizes you are using VPN, your account will be suspended. Fortunately, other alternatives can be used when the Optus sport blocks your VPN server. They include the following:
- If your VPN gets blocked, try restarting your game console or clearing temporary data on your browser
- You can also disable your GPS and then clear the cache of the gaming console
- Try using a different site or browser or modifying the VPN protocol, such as replacing OpenVPN with a wireguard.
- Seek assistance from customer service regarding the kind of VPN you are using
Can you CAST Optus Sport to TV?
Yes, you can cast Optus Sport to your Smart TV using a device such as a Chromecast or an Apple TV. Here’s how:
- Make sure that your TV and the device you are using to cast Optus Sport (such as a phone or tablet) are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open the Optus Sport app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the “Cast” icon (usually located in the top-right corner of the app).
- Select your TV from the list of available devices.
- Optus Sport should now be streaming on your TV.
Note: The specific steps for casting Optus Sport may vary depending on the device you are using. You may need to refer to the device’s documentation or the Optus Sport app’s help section for more detailed instructions.
Additionally, some TVs may have built-in Chromecast or AirPlay functionality, which would allow you to cast Optus Sport to your TV without the need for an external device. Check your TV’s documentation to see if it supports this feature.
- Optus Sport is compatible with television, mobile phones, and gaming consoles
- Optus sport was developed in Australia
- If you are not in Australia, you will require to use a VPN in Optus sport
- Various VPN servers work effectively on game consoles
- The use of a VPN does not guarantee complete protection from IP address detection