Turtle Beach headphones are some of the most well known and beloved gaming headphones on the market right now.
The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 model are regarded as some of the most capable headphones out there.
I was stoked to buy my first set of Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headphones.
I had been looking for something with Bluetooth connectivity that I could use with my XBOX, PlayStation, PC, or cell phone since, let’s face it, me being an avid gamer is an understatement.
Once I learned that the Stealth 700 headphones met my needs, I knew they had to be mine.
They worked great… for a while.
But I ended up running into this random issue where the headphones just stopped turning on. I was crushed.
I thought I would need to return my Stealth 700s, but then I did some digging around online and found out that there are some ways to troubleshoot this entirely too common issue.
What do you do if your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 won’t turn on? I had to know!
The thing is, when this happens, you need to download a recovery tool to your phone.
In order to get the right program, though, you need to know which version of the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headphones you own.
Let me go over the steps for using one of these recovery programs to get your Turtle Beach headphones back up and running once again.
That way, you can go back to enjoying your music or audio gameplay.
Why Won’t My Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Turn On? [FIXED!]
There is a timer on these headphones that detects mic or game audio. It will go into shut-off mode if there is a long enough pause without any sound being detected. Also, if you have too many apps running at once, the Stealth 700 headphones could be causing problems.
What do you do when your Turtle Beach headset won’t turn on?
How do you recover either the Stealth 700 Gen 2 PS or Gen 2 XBOX headset?
How do you go about doing a reset? What might be causing your headphones to turn off?
How do I fix my Turtle Beach headset Stealth 700?
Read on to learn more about why the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headphones might not be turning on and what you can do to fix it.
How do you recover the Stealth 700 Gen 2 PS headset?
If you own the Gen 2 PS headset, you are going to need to follow these steps to do the recovery:
- Find and download a recovery tool for the Stealth 700 Gen 2 PS headset. Make sure you have the right recovery tool for this particular headset, or else you will need to contact Turtle Beach’s customer support for help.
- Utilize the headset’s USB-C cable to plug the headset into your computer. Take note that a USB transmitter will not work for the recovery process.
- Once the recovery tool is downloaded, double-click on it.
- Next, you will see a new window come up. It will ask you to confirm that your headset is able to connect via the USB. Click on the Yes button and the Allow Access button when Windows Defender requests permission. This process only takes about 5 minutes to complete. Once it is done, a few windows will open. Do not interact with any of these windows.
- You will next see a message saying Programming Complete. You now need to unplug and restart your headset. You will need to unplug your headset and click on OK.
- Make sure that you have the Turtle Beach Audio Hub downloaded. You will now need to connect your headset and transmitter to your computer. After you have done so, you can open up the Audio Hub. The Audio Hub should now be able to detect the headset and ask you to update the Stealth 700’s firmware, which normally only takes a couple of minutes to wrap up.
- Next, pair your headset with the USB transmitter.
- Now you can connect the USB transmitter to your PS4 or PS5. There will be a LED that blinks twice to indicate that it is trying to discover your headset.
- Press and hold down on the headset’s power button. Doing this will power on the headset. The Stealth 700’s LEDs should now also blink twice to show that it is searching for the transmitter.
- At this point, both of the LEDs should become solid, which indicates a successful pairing. This will be confirmed when the headset says “headset paired.”
- Bear in mind that you will have to repeat the pairing process for each connection you need to restore since using the recovery tool erases absolutely all previously established connections.
How do you recover the Stealth 700 Gen 2 Xbox headset?
Okay, now let’s talk about how to recover the XBOX version of the Gen 2 Stealth 700 headset.
The process will be somewhat similar to the PS version – with a few differences, so pay close attention.
- First and foremost, you will need to download the recovery tool for Stealth 700 Gen 2 Xbox.
- Use the USB-C cable to connect the headphones to your computer.
- Double-click on the recovery tool once it is fully downloaded.
- Select the Yes button and Allow Access once the new windows come up, then allow Window Defender permission. Again, it only takes about 5 minutes.
- You will see a dialogue box that says Programming Complete. Unplug and restart your headset, then click OK.
- Pair your headset with your XBOX by turning on your XBOX. The LED lights on it will rapidly blink to show it is searching for your headphones.
- Press and hold down on the headset’s power button. The headset should say that it is Pairing Bluetooth. Next, press down on the pairing button next to the LED lights. It should then say Pairing Headset.
- The LEDs on both devices should be blinking to show a successful pairing.
- Again, you’ll need to repeat this process for every connection that you previously had established.
How do you reset the Stealth 700 headset?
Sometimes, a simple reset can resolve your problems. But you will be resetting it to the factory settings, so you will lose any customized settings.
To reset your headphones, you will need to:
- Press and hold down on the Bluetooth and Mode buttons for approximately 20 seconds. When the reset process kicks in, the blue LED light will turn off.
- Go ahead and reset your headphones.
Why do the Stealth 700 headphones keep turning off?
There are a few reasons why your Stealth 700 headphones keep turning themselves off.
As I mentioned above, the headphone’s timer could shut the headphones off if there is a gap of time in which it does not detect any audio.
Typically, you will hear a warning coming from the headphones that this is about to happen.
Of course, if you are running too many apps at once on your device, it could cause the headphones to not remain connected.
You should limit the number of apps you have running at once so that this does not happen again.
How do you fix a headset that will not charge?
If your headset is not charging properly, it might not turn on. If you believe you are having problems related to charging, there are some fixes.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Check to ensure that the charging cable or charging port is not damaged. Check to see if any of the pins are bent, and also gently blow any debris out of the charging port.
- Try using another compatible charging cable. Your current cable could be faulty.
How long does Turtle Beach Stealth 700 take to charge? It should take about 3-4 hours
If it is taking much longer than that, there is something the matter.
Your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 should be turning on every time you power them up.
But, sometimes, that might not happen. Try the workarounds I detailed above.
If all else fails, get ahold of Turtle Beach’s customer service and see what they suggest you do.