How to Connect Your Turtle Beach Headset To Your Phone?
You’re stoked to have just bought your first Turtle Beach headset and cannot wait to get down to business, rocking out to your favorite jams as you go about your day.
Whether you’re an avid phone-based gamer or just want to block out the sound of your roommate’s snoring at night, well, Turtle Beach headsets can certainly get the job done.
But how exactly do you connect your new headset to your phone?
Sure, these headsets are designed to be used with gaming consoles like the PlayStation and XBOX, but with them being Bluetooth enabled, you can easily pair them up with your smartphone.
Whether you have an iPhone or Android, you can use your Turtle Beach headset with your phone.
You can easily make and receive phone calls, play games, and listen to music with these headphones on.
But it is important to note that the Bluetooth pairing on these headsets is separate from how it connects to gaming consoles like the PS5.
Turtle Beach headsets connect wirelessly, and Bluetooth only allows you to connect to smartphones and other supported devices.
So, how do you connect your Turtle Beach headset to your phone? Let me tell you what I found out when I went to connect mine for the first time.
How to Connect Your Turtle Beach Headset To Your Phone?
If your phone is within range of your Turtle Beach headset (within about 10 feet) and has Bluetooth enabled, you can pair the headset to your phone by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button (next to the mic button) until you “Bluetooth pairing.”
Depending on whether you have an iPhone or Android, your next couple of steps could go pretty quickly.
How do you connect your Turtle Beach headset to an iPhone or Android phone?
How do you ensure that your headset is discoverable by your phone?
Why might your headset not be connecting properly to your phone?
How do you do a hard reset or run an update to get them to pair?
Read on to learn more about connecting your Turtle Beach headset to your phone.
How To Connect Your Turtle Beach Headset
Before you begin, make sure that your Turtle Beach headset is placed within range of your phone.
About 10-15 feet is good enough.
Ensure that your phone’s Bluetooth is enabled. Press and hold down on the Bluetooth button on the headset until you hear a voice say “Bluetooth pairing”.
You will now be able to connect to your iPhone or Android phone.
Connecting To An iPhone
If you are using an iPhone, you will need to follow these steps in order to pair your Turtle Beach headset to your iPhone:
- Go into your iPhone and open up the settings option found on the home screen.
- Go into the Bluetooth section, which is normally positioned right below the WIFI section at the top of the page.
- Make sure that you turn on Bluetooth from here. When your Bluetooth is enabled, you will see a list of all the devices that are discoverable by your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the name of your Turtle Beach headset. Your headset should be listed by its model number. For example, you might see Stealth 600 or Stealth 700 in the list if that is the device you’re trying to pair with your phone.
This will pair the headset to your iPhone, thereby completing the process. Simple enough, right?
Connecting To An Android
The steps for pairing your Turtle Beach headset to an Android phone are slightly different, so let’s go over those real quickly here.
You will need to follow these steps:
- Go to your Android phone’s home screen, then find and click on the button for the app.
- Locate the Setting gear icon, then go into Bluetooth, which is right next to WIFI at the top of the screen.
- Turn on the switch to enable your Bluetooth connection. Then, wait for a couple of seconds, until you see the discoverable devices pop up in the list.
- Choose the device you want, which should show up along with the model number in its name.
How do you make the Turtle Beach headset discoverable on your phone?
Getting your Turtle Beach headset to be discoverable on your smartphone is easy enough.
Just hold down on the Bluetooth button on the headset until you hear it say “Bluetooth pairing”.
Then, let go and follow the prompts to pair your headset to your phone.
As long as your headset is in pairing mode, your phone should be able to discover it.
Why won’t the headset connect to the phone?
That brings me to what could cause your headset to not connect to the phone.
If your headset isn’t in pairing mode, you won’t be able to connect.
You can try powering your headset off as well as disabling the Bluetooth on your phone.
After that, power the headset back on, followed by re-enabling your Bluetooth connection on your phone.
Push down on the Bluetooth button on your headset; this should get them ready to pair again.
How To Do a Hard Reset or Update
If a soft reset does not prove effective, you might need to perform a hard reset or run updates. Let’s first talk about how to do a hard reset.
- In order to perform a hard reset of your Turtle Beach headset, hold down on the connect and mode buttons for 20 seconds. You will find these buttons next to the volume and Bluetooth controls. Do not release them before the 20 seconds are up.
- Next, press down on the Power button to turn your headset back on.
This should have cleared up your problem.
However, if that does not do the trick, you will want to run a firmware update on the headset.
You can do that by:
- Plug your Turtle Beach headset into your computer using the USB. Then, turn it on. Your Audio Hub should now be able to detect your headset and start the process of running the firmware update.
- Since the firmware update happens automatically, you will be asked to plug your headset into your computer.
Once the updates are done, try using your headset again.
With any luck, this will have cleared up any issue you’ve had with pairing your headset to your cell phone.
Connecting your Turtle Beach headset to your smartphone is an easy, streamlined process.
It takes less than a minute to pair them up, given that everything is working as it ought to be.
But, if it isn’t, you can try some of the troubleshooting methods listed above.
And, if all else fails, contacting Turtle Beach’s customer service department could help get you all set up.