Turtle Beach has been making some high-quality headphones for gamers for a while now, and the Stealth 700 is undoubtedly a popular choice among buyers.
They’re a favorite among gamers for a lot of reasons.
If you own an XBOX console, then Turtle Beach headphones are a must-have for optimized gameplay.
But what about those of us who love our PlayStation?
I freely admit to being a hardcore PS gamer, and I have been since the very first PS came out.
Back in those days, though, you couldn’t pair a wireless headphone set to your console and get the most integrative gaming experience possible.
You just had to hope that your TV produced good enough sound quality.
These days, you can buy certain Turtle Beach headphone models to use with your PS5.
When the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headphones came out in September of 2020, they marked a “first” for Turtle Beach.
This was the manufacturer’s first headphone set that could be used for the PS4 and PS5.
There is a version you can buy that is compatible with the XBOX, but you can definitely get the Stealth 700 to work on your PS4 or PS5.
Let me explain how to get your Stealth 700 headphones to work on your PlayStation so that you can enjoy using them while you game.
Will My Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Work On PS5? [SOLUTION]
There are Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headphones designed to work with both the PS4 and PS5. Since the PS5 is capable of outputting surround sound through its own USB ports using Sony’s 3D Audio feature, the Stealth 700 Gen 2 headphones were specifically designed to work with this. Of course, you can also use them on PS4 or even on your PC.
Just how can you use the Stealth 700 Gen 2 headphones with your PS5?
How do you hook them up? How do you use them with the PS4? What about hooking them up to your PC?
How do you connect them to a PS4 without using the transmitter?
Read on to learn more about how to use your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headphones with your PlayStation console.
Can I use my Stealth 700 on PS5?
If you are wondering “Will my Turtle Beach headset work on PS5?”, then the answer is that, if you bought the Stealth 700 Gen 2 for the PlayStation, then they can be used on either the PS4 or PS5.
But these headphones were actually developed for the PS5 due to its ability to put out surround sound through its USB ports via Sony 3D Audio.
How do you connect the Stealth 700 to the PS5?
Wondering how to connect your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headphones to your PS5 console? It is actually somewhat easy.
If you own the PS5, you are going to need to follow these steps as described below:
- Plug your headphones’ transmitter into an open USB port on the PS5 console, then power ton your Turtle Beach headset. Your headset and transmitter should quickly pair with each other. The LEDs on both the transmitter and headset light up in a solid tone once they are able to pair.
- Go to Settings > Sound > Audio Output > Output Device. Then, select the Stealth 700 for the Output Device. Next, set the Output to Headphones to All Audio. Set the Volume Control on the headphones to the maximum level.
- Finally, you will want to adjust your microphone’s sound levels by going into Settings > Sound > Microphone > Adjust Mic Level > Microphone Level.
Just take note that, while the Stealth 700 headphones do not have their own onboard surround processing, Sony has hinted at the fact that the PS5 5 will send 3D Audio to any headset that gets connected to the USB port or to the controller.
If this is indeed how you wish to do things, then after the headset is set up, you will be able to enable the 3D Audio function to enhance the sound that is coming through your headset.
Once you have done that, you can go to Adjust 3D Audio Profile.
This allows you to select the best profile option for the game you are playing.
Can I use my Stealth 700 on the PS4?
You can indeed use the Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset on your PS4, but things will be slightly different since the PS4’s sound setup is designed differently from the PS5.
Unlike the PS5, the PS4 does not have its own onboard surround processing.
Also, take note that the PS4 does not deliver surround sound processing through a built-in USB path.
This means that the Stealth 700 Gen 2 PS is not able to play surround sound from your PS4 console.
The only workaround for this is if the game you are playing has its own built-in surround sound track that can be played via the PS4’s USB connection.
How do you connect the Stealth 700 to the PS4?
Again, connecting your Stealth 700 Gen 2 headphones is simple, but connecting them to the PS4 is a little different than on the PS5.
You will absolutely need a transmitter to connect the headphones.
To connect, you will need to:
- Connect the mini transmitter to USB Port on your PS4 console.
- Power on your headset.
- Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices. Select Stealth 700 Gen 2 for Input & Output Device, then set the output to Headphones to All Audio. Next, set the Volume Control level to maximum.
- Finally, choose Adjust Microphone Level and follow the on-screen prompts to calibrate your microphone.
Can I use my Stealth 700 on my PC?
If you want to use your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headphones on your PC, you can.
You will need to invest in a wireless adapter to get the job done.
This allows you the same wireless connection with your PC that you would get on your console, but the controls will ultimately be different.
How do you connect the Stealth 700 to the PC?
If you wish to connect your headphones to your PC, you will need to:
- Plug the wireless adapter into a free USB port on your PC. After that, power the headset on by pressing and holding down on the Power button.
- Press and hold down on the adapter’s Enroll button until the LED on the wireless adapter starts to flash. Next, press and hold down on the headset’s Connect button until the LED on the headset starts to blink.
- After just a few seconds, the LED lights on both the headset and the wireless adapter will become solid, which shows that the headset and wireless adapter have been successfully paired together.
Just take note that the wireless adapter is not included with the headset.
You will have to purchase one separately.
Connecting your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset to your PS5 is easier than it sounds.
You do not need any sort of adapter to get it done, but you will if you connect to a PS4 or PC.
The PS5 was designed with 3D Audio, and the Stealth 700 were made to work well with that.