Beat by Dre as a brand was purchased by Apple in 2014 for $3 billion. Since then, all Beats products are fully supported and developed by Apple.
Beats Flex and other Beats products can pair with any Bluetooth-capable audio device.
All you will need to do is make sure the earbuds are in pairing mode, go to the Bluetooth device settings on your MacBook, and click on the name of your Beats Flex in the available devices list.
Can Beats Flex Connect to MacBook?
Beats Flex can connect to your MacBook, iMac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and just about any other Bluetooth-enabled audio device like Android or Windows devices. Without this connectivity and cross-compatibility, Beats Flex wouldn’t be a very good pair of wireless earbuds to purchase.
As an industry-standard, Bluetooth headphones, headsets, and earbuds are designed to be paired with as many devices as possible.
Can You Use Beats with MacBook?
Like Apple products, Beats have full Apple product and software support.
This means they can connect to your MacBook, iMac, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPhone without any loss of functionality or quality.
The process to connect your Beats with your MacBook is relatively simple:
- First, you’ll need to make sure both devices are turned on and ready to go.
- Then, check to make sure your Beats aren’t paired with another device as they can only be paired to a singular device at a time.
- Once you are confident they have been disconnected from any other device, put your Beats into Bluetooth pairing mode. If it’s the first time you have turned them on, they will automatically be in pairing mode.
- For Solo Pros: press the “mode” button on the left earcup and hold it down until the Solo Pros are in pairing mode. If you do not hold it long enough, it will toggle the Solo Pros noise canceling.
- For Studio3 and Solo3 Wireless: Hold down the power button for about five seconds. The five-light indicators should flash.
- For Beats Flex: Hold the power button down until the indicator light flashes continuously.
- For Powerbeats: Locate the button on the left earbud and hold it down until the indicator light flashes.
- For Powerbeats Pro: Put the earbuds into their case. Leave the case lid open and hold down the button in the case until the case lights begin to blink.
- Once your Beats are in pairing mode, place them near your MacBook, iPhone, iMac, iPad, or whatever device you wish to pair them with.
- Go to your device’s Bluetooth settings menu.
- Your Beats should show up on the available devices list to connect to. Find the name of your headphones or earbuds, click or tap on it. It may ask for a passcode. By default, the passcode for connecting Beats is “0000”.
As Beats are part of the Apple ecosystem, you may find that your MacBook or iPhone automatically detect them when you turn them on.
Your device will prompt you to connect with your Beats headphones or earbuds.
Just accept the connection and your Beats are paired.
Why Are My Beats Flex Not Connecting to My Mac?
If for any reason you are having trouble connecting to your iPhone, MacBook, iMac, iPad, or Apple Watch, there are a few troubleshooting tasks you can perform before returning to the store for a replacement.
Make sure your Beats are not paired to another device
Beats can only be paired to a single device at a time.
While this may be a tad inconvenient for users with a whole system of computers.
You disconnect your Beats by switching them into pairing mode, powering them off, or finding the device they were previously connected to and turning off Bluetooth.
If they were connected to a device previously, you may want to remove the Bluetooth profile for your Beats from that device.
Bluetooth headphones and earbuds tend to automatically pair with the device they were last connected to.
You can do this by going to your MacBook’s Bluetooth device menu.
Right-click on your Beats Bluetooth profile.
Then select the “Remove” option. You can also tap the “X” icon next to the Bluetooth profile name.
If your Beats are connecting but no audio is playing through your Beats headphones or earbuds, you may have multiple audio devices connected to your MacBook.
To deal with this problem, go to your Bluetooth device menu and disconnect from any other Bluetooth audio devices.
You can skip this step by instead switching the audio output.
On macOS, you switch audio output from the “Sound” settings menu.
It can be located by either clicking on the speaker icon on the taskbar or by opening up “System Preferences” and clicking “Sound”.
In the “Sound” settings menu, you will see three options up top.
Click on “Output”. You will now see a list of connected audio output devices.
Click on your Beats headphones to select them as the main output device.
The “Sound” icon on the taskbar is the fastest method to switch audio outputs.
If you find yourself switching between multiple devices frequently, you may want to make use of a shortcut.
If you hold down the Alt/Option key on your keyboard, the sound list should roll down from the “Sound” icon.
Now you can quickly select audio output and input devices.
Can Beats Flex Connect to Laptop?
As previously stated, Beats Flex is not made to only be paired with Apple products even if they are Apple products themselves.
You can absolutely pair your Beats Flex with any Bluetooth-enabled laptop.
Keep in mind that older devices (pre-2008 models) may have difficulty working the firmware of your Beats.
To pair your Beats Flex to your laptop, you just need to switch your Beats Flex into pairing mode.
It may also be prudent to disconnect any previous devices and remove the Bluetooth profile as this can cause your Beats to attempt to connect to different devices.
Once your Beats are in pairing mode, you’ll need to go to your laptop’s Bluetooth connections list.
For Windows: The Bluetooth connection list can be found in the “Settings” menu.
Hit the “Start” button and then click on the little gear on the bottom left of the Start menu.
Now select “Devices. You should see a “Bluetooth” option. Click on it.
In the Windows Bluetooth menu, you should see a list of already connected devices if there are any. On the top of the menu, click “Add another device”.
It will open a new window and automatically begin searching for devices it can connect to.
Click on the name of your Beats. You should now be successfully paired to your laptop.
Can I pair my Beats to multiple devices?
Beats are designed to be paired to a single device at a time.
Attempting to connect to multiple devices can lead to connection issues.
If you want to use your Beats on a different device than you usually connect them to, you can just turn off the Bluetooth function of your regularly connected device or remove the Bluetooth profile for now.
Don’t worry, Bluetooth profiles are automatically created when you pair to a device.
It’s not gone forever.