Who doesn’t love watching their favorite shows on a large screen within the comfort of their home? Many often ask how to get episodes for Apple TV.
How do I get episodes of TV shows on my Apple TV?
To watch specific TV show episodes on your Apple TV, you’ll need to purchase or rent episodes from the iTunes Store. You can either do this directly on your Apple TV or remotely through the iTunes Store app on your iOS device.
However, that is not the only way – there are multiple other techniques that can be used to watch your desired show on your Apple TV. Here we go deeper into each of these methods and help you comprehend the processes better.
How to Get Episodes on Apple TV?
Primarily, there are two ways of getting episodes for Apple TV. Users can either buy or rent them from the iTunes Store or opt for third-party streaming services.
The simplest and perhaps most straightforward method to get episodes is to buy or rent shows from the iTunes Store.
- Start by going to the “Search” option and type in the name of the show that you want to watch.
- Scroll down to locate the show, select it and then choose whether you want to buy or rent it.
- Purchasing a show will give you permanent access to it, whereas renting will allow you to watch it for a limited time period – usually around 48 hours.
- You will then be prompted to add your credit or debit card details.
- Once the purchase is finalized and the payment deducted, the show will start downloading onto your Apple TV.
- After the download is completed, users can access their shows by opening the “Purchases” or “Rentals” sections of your iTunes library.
Although convenient, there is one downside to this method – iTunes Store only offers a limited selection of shows. If the show you want to watch is not available in the store, you will have to look for other methods.
When it comes to pricing, iTunes offers a variety of pricing options for episodes on its platform. Most television shows will offer individual episodes for purchase at $1.99 to $2.99 per episode, while movies can cost up to $19.99 each depending on the title.
Additionally, iTunes occasionally offers special promotions and discounts, so it’s always worth checking out if any deals are available when purchasing content from the store.
If the show you want to watch is not available on the iTunes Store, your next best bet would be to use a streaming service. There are many different streaming services available, each with its own unique features and library of content.
- The most commonly used streaming service is Netflix. It offers a wide variety of TV shows and movies that you can watch at any time. Getting Disney+ on your Apple TV is an option, too. To use a streaming service on your Apple TV, you will need to subscribe and sign up for an account after downloading the app from the App Store. Once you have done so, simply log in and start watching.
- Another example of a popular streaming service is Hulu which offers a similar yet diverse selection of TV shows and movies as Netflix. To use Hulu on your Apple TV, you will again need to sign up for an account and then download the app from the App Store. Once you have done so, simply log in and start watching.
- There are many other streaming services available, such as Amazon Prime Video, HBO GO, and Showtime. Each offers its own unique selection of content that you can watch at any time.
The cost of episodes on streaming services can vary greatly, depending on the service and show you’re looking for.
On some platforms, such as Netflix and Hulu, most shows can be streamed for free with an existing subscription. However, newer shows may require a premium account or additional fees in order to watch.
Other streaming services, such as Amazon Prime Video and Apple TV+, charge separate fees for each episode or season of a show that they offer.
Prices tend to range from $1-$3 per episode or around $20 – $30 per season.
Additionally, some services may offer discounts during special promotional periods where entire seasons can be purchased at a discounted rate
If the show you want to watch is not available on the iTunes Store or through a streaming service, there are a few other methods you can try.
One method is to use your iOS device with AirPlay enabled. Through this method, you can simply play the show on your Apple device and then beam it to your Apple TV using AirPlay.
To do so, simply make sure that your device and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Then, open the show on your iOS device and tap on the AirPlay icon. From here, select your Apple TV, and the show will start playing.
Another method users can try is to use a web-based service such as iTunes or YouTube. With these services, you can watch shows that have been posted online by their creators.
To do so, simply search for the show you want to watch and then select it from the results.
Once you have found the show, simply click on the “play” button and give it some time to buffer.
If all else fails, you can also try to find the show you want to watch through a file-sharing service such as BitTorrent.
With this method, users will first need to download the show on their computer and then play it on Apple TV. Start by searching for the show you want to watch on your computer and then select it from the results.
Once you have found the show, click on the “download” button, and it will start downloading.
Once it has finished downloading, you can access it from the “Downloads” section of your iTunes library.
What Is The Best Way To Watch Episodes on Apple TV?
When it comes to watching TV shows on your Apple TV, you have three different options: purchasing, renting, or streaming. Each option has its own set of benefits and drawbacks.
For users who want to watch a show without having to worry about it expiring, then purchasing is the best option. However, purchasing can be quite expensive depending on the show you want to watch.
But if the user only wants to watch the show for a short period of time, then renting is the way to go. Renting is relatively cheaper than purchasing, but the user will only have access to the content for a limited time – until the rental expires.
And those who would prefer to watch a show without paying at all can opt for streaming.
Keep in mind that streaming is far less convenient as only a few shows are available for free; the content is interrupted by multiple ads and often takes time to buffer.
- Episodes on Apple TV can be downloaded via iTunes or streaming services
- While iTunes is convenient, it doesn’t offer a wide range of content to users
- Streaming services have a larger library but are likely to charge a subscription fee for full access
- Episodes can either be rented, purchased, or streamed, pending on user needs.