2 Ways To Get Netflix On Apple TV
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It can be frustrating to find that your Apple TV has no Netflix application. However, it’s possible to add Netflix to Apple TV.
Table of Contents
- How to Get Netflix on Apple TV
- Do You Need a VPN to Watch Netflix on Apple TV?
- Can You Fix Netflix on Apple TV?
- Key Takeaways
You can get Netflix on your Apple TV by downloading the Netflix app from the App store. Then log in with your Netflix account. The other way is to stream with AirPlay through the same Wi-Fi network. Tap the Airplay icon, select your Apple TV from the list of devices present, and stream Netflix.
My friend and I got ourselves the second generation Apple TV set-top boxes. A technician advised me to ensure that my TV is running tv0S 11 so I can stream Netflix without issues. Below is a deeper explanation of how you can get Netflix on Apple TV.
How to Get Netflix on Apple TV
You may be disappointed if you cannot watch Netflix on your Apple TV. That, however, is no problem anymore, as there are different ways to get Netflix on your Apple TV.
So, there is no need to worry about missing your favorite show as you can use the following methods to get Netflix on Apple TV.
Download the Netflix App
Downloading the app on your Apple TV is the easiest way to get Netflix. This way, you can watch your favorite Netflix shows and movies. Here is how to do it.
- First, open the App store on your Apple TV. You can do this by selecting the App store icon from the home screen of your TV.
- Next, use the search function to find the Netflix app. You can easily do this by selecting the search icon from the top of the App Store screen and typing “Netflix” into the search bar.
- Once you have found the Netflix app, select Get to download it. The app will be downloaded and installed on your Apple TV.
- After the installation, open the Netflix app. You will have to log in with your Netflix account. If you do not have a Netflix account, you can create one at Netflix.com.
- After logging in, you can start streaming your favorite Netflix shows and movies.
Get Netflix Using AirPlay
Another simple way to get Netflix on Apple TV is to use AirPlay. AirPlay lets you stream Netflix on various devices, including your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Follow these steps to get Netflix on your Apple TV using AirPlay.
Ensure that your Apple TV and IOS device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Netflix app on your IOS device.
- Tap the AirPlay icon,
- Select your Apple TV.
- The Netflix app will automatically appear on your Apple TV.
- Proceed to log in to your account to access the movies.
Do You Need a VPN to Watch Netflix on Apple TV?
You do not necessarily require a VPN to watch Netflix on Apple TV. However, Netflix features regional restrictions and restricts some of its content depending on which country you are accessing.
The good thing about using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) is that you can stream whatever movies you want on Netflix despite your location.
A VPN works by swapping your regular IP address with one from another country. It further works by changing your virtual location by masking your IP address. For example, your VPN can allow you to access US Netflix anytime if you’re in the UK.
Below are the best VPNs for watching Netflix on Apple TV.
Express VPN has always been my top pick for watching Netflix on my Apple TV. This VPN is fast, reliable, and has a great selection of servers.
Additionally, it’s one of the few VPNs that can unblock Netflix on Apple TV.
Nord VPN is another excellent option for watching Netflix on your Apple TV. It is fast and has many servers, making it an ideal choice for streaming Netflix.
CyberGhost VPN is another excellent option for streaming Netflix on your Apple TV. Apart from being easy to use, this VPN has a great selection of servers. It can also unblock Netflix on Apple TV.
A private VPN is fast and reliable. Therefore, you will enjoy your favorite shows and movies with a private VPN without buffering or lag.
Can You Fix Netflix on Apple TV?
You might experience trouble watching Netflix on your Apple TV. Sometimes it may be too slow, and other times you cannot access Netflix.
If you have trouble watching Netflix on Apple TV, you can try a few things to fix the problem.
First, ensure you have the latest version of the Netflix app installed. If you need help with this, go to the settings app on your Apple TV and select the system. From there, choose software updates and install any available updates.
Alternatively, you can restart your Apple TV. To do this, go to the settings app and select Systems. From there, choose restart. If you still have trouble after restarting your Apple TV, you may need to delete and reinstall the Netflix app.
Another major issue I’ve been facing is failing to access the Netflix library occasionally, even with a VPN. I solve this by clearing my cache. Sometimes your cached data is the problem, and all you need to do is clear it.
Hopefully, one of the above solutions will fix the possible problem, and you’ll be able to enjoy Netflix on your Apple TV. So, you can buy an Apple TV without worrying about missing your favorite shows on Netflix.
- You can get Netflix on your Apple TV.
- Download the Netflix app to stream and watch shows or use AirPlay.
- Use a VPN to mask your IP address to access any content despite location.
- Netflix may stop working on Apple TV due to some reasons.
- Update your Netflix app or restart your Apple Tv to fix issues.