Why Do My Powerbeats Pro Keep Disconnecting From My Laptop?
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Powerbeats Pro are nifty little earbuds that you can easily carry around with you or use from the comfort of your own home.
Pair them with your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android device, PC, Mac, or another type of laptop.
There are many options for how, when, and where you can connect them.
However, Bluetooth connectivity is not always stable, even when you are using a laptop.
The connection can be iffy, and your Powerbeats Pro might start to disconnect from your laptop.
Ideally, these two devices should stay paired up unless you manually unpair them.
But that just isn’t always the case. You might go into your list of paired devices and wonder why your Powerbeats Pro are no longer on that list.
Surely, you did not accidentally delete them!
If you’re wondering, “Why won’t my beats stay connected to my laptop?”, take comfort in knowing that you are not the only user that this has happened to.
Other owners have made similar queries in the Apple discussion forums, looking for help reestablishing the connection between their laptop and their Powerbeats Pro.
There are some troubleshooting methods that you can try.
One might work best depending on the actual nature of the problem.
But, if none of them work, your best bet is going to be seeking assistance from an Apple tech.
Let’s try going through some methods to fix your Powerbeats Pro connection to your laptop before you go straight to Apple Support.
Why Do My Powerbeats Pro Keep Disconnecting From My Laptop?
There are multiple reasons why your Powerbeats Pro keep disconnecting from your laptop, ranging from dirty connections inside of the case to your Powerbeats Pro’s firmware needing an update. A fix can be as simple as unpairing and re-pairing your devices, but in worst-case scenarios, you might need to contact Apple for help.
What can you do to get your Powerbeats Pro to stay connected to your laptop?
What if nothing you try works?
Read through this guide to learn how you can try to stabilize the connection between your Powerbeats Pro and your laptop and how to contact Apple Support if all troubleshooting methods fail.
Why won’t my Beats stay connected to my computer?
Your Powerbeats Pro might not be staying connected to your laptop for any number of reasons.
Many others have taken to the Apple discussion forums to ask “Why won’t my Powerbeats stay connected” to various devices.
In some cases, it seems as though Bluetooth connection interference is the problem.
For others, a firmware update is required.
How to Troubleshoot Connection Issues With Powerbeats Pro
Given that this issue could have a number of possible root causes, we will go over seven of the most popularly used troubleshooting methods.
Dealing with connectivity issues on any device is certainly annoying, and you can try these methods on whichever type of device you are using with your Powerbeats Pro.
Clean Your Earbuds and Case
Dirty connectors will undoubtedly cause connection loss, both within the earbuds themselves and the case.
This happens with use and is quite normal.
However, you will want to be mindful of keeping them clean.
To clean them, just:
- Clean the case and earbuds with a lint-free microfiber cloth.
- Ensure everything is dry before returning the earbuds to the case. Earbuds should be firmly secure within the case so that the charging connectors make proper contact.
Utilize the Beats-Supported App
The Beats-Supported App can be used on Mac or Windows computers (as well as iPhones, iPads, iPod touches, and Android phones).
It can help identify problems with the battery itself.
Here is how you can use it on your laptop:
- Securely place your earbuds inside of their charging case.
- Connect your case to the laptop via a lightning USB cable.
- Download the Beats Updater app and install it onto your laptop.
- Launch the app and check out the information on your Powerbeats Pro. This app will also let you update your Beats firmware.
Minimize Conflicts Among Bluetooth Connections
Intermittent connection loss is often due to conflicts between Bluetooth connections.
You will want to ensure that signal interference isn’t the culprit.
WIFI and Bluetooth use the same frequency, so you should avoid devices that have WIFI turned on.
Also, you’ll want to avoid being close to wireless phones and even microwaves that utilize the same frequency.
Ensure that you have your Powerbeats Pro connected to only one device at a time.
Multiple pairings can result in interference.
Unpair and Re-pair Your Powerbeats Pro
You might need to simply unpair and re-pair your laptop and Powerbeats Pro. Doing so is fairly easy and is a quick fix that seems to help quite a few people. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on your laptop’s Bluetooth (or the Bluetooth of any device you want paired with your Powerbeats Pro).
- Place the earbuds inside the case; leave the case’s lid open.
- Press and hold down on the case’s System button. Do so until the LED light on the front of the case blinks. This will ‘forget’ the connection between the devices.
- Return to your laptop and open up Settings, then go to your Bluetooth connections.
- Look for your Powerbeats Pro on the connections list. Click on it.
- Follow the instructions to finish re-pairing your devices.
Reset Your Powerbeats Pro
You might need to reset your Powerbeats Pro.
This is another simple fix that works for quite a few users.
If none of the previous steps have worked for you, try performing this reset by:
- Opening up your Settings and go into your Bluetooth connections list.
- Click on the information button, then Forget This Device, and Confirm.
- Return to your PowerBeats Pro case, securing the earbuds and leaving the lid open.
- Press and hold down on the System button until the LED light flashes red and white, which indicates the reset is complete.
- Pair the devices up again.
Update Your Powerbeats Pro’s Firmware
As I already mentioned, the Beats Updater app can help you update your Powerbeats Pro firmware.
Updates normally occur on an automatic basis, but there are instances in which this doesn’t happen.
Use the app to check for necessary firmware updates and install them.
After you have launched the app, you will need to:
- Put your earbuds securely within the charging case and connect it to your laptop via a lightning USB cable.
- Click on the View the Latest Software Version option. If there is an update listed, click on it and let it run.
Contact Apple Support
As your last-ditch resort, you might need to contact Apple Support.
Open up an online chat, place a phone call, or visit your closest Apple Store location to get assistance from a certified Apple technician.
They can give you more guidance and let you know what your options are regarding repairing or replacing your Powerbeats Pro.
With any shred of luck, you are no longer wondering “Why does my Beats headphones keep disconnecting?” Most of the time, connectivity issues can be troubleshot on your own.
But, if those methods do not work, you are going to need to reach out to Apple and ask for help.