Fitbit is one of the first activity trackers that gained mainstream appeal. The device provides users with important insights into their health, sleep, and physical activity. But the Premium memberships offer more robust data that might not be useful for every Fitbit user. So, how can you cancel the premium subscription?
In order to cancel a Fitbit Premium membership, you’ll need to use the same method and device you used to sign up — either online at the Fitbit website, or on your Android, iOS, or Microsoft device. Locate the respective settings menu and subscription section to proceed.
Fitbit provides users with a free six-month trial of Fitbit Premium when they purchase select models, so you might be ready to cancel your subscription. Or you might be considering the 90-day free trial to determine if the service is right for you. Either way, we’ll take a look at everything you need to know.
What Is Fitbit Premium?
Fitbit Premium provides users with additional features that help them stay active, sleep well, manage stress, and more. The service offers personalized insights, progressive sleep trends, and several other unique features. Some of the key features include:
- Guided programs
- In-depth, personalized insights
- Customizable challenges
- Video and audio workout routines
- Mindfulness exercises
- Daily readiness score
Fitbit Premium membership costs $9.99/month or $79.99/year. The features are useful but may not be worth it for every user. You can gain access to a 6- or 12-month free test of Premium membership when you purchase select Fitbit models. These free trials are a great chance to determine if the service is right for you.
There are several different methods you can use to cancel a Fitbit Premium membership. The method that will work for you varies depending on how you signed up in the first place.
You’ll need to use the same mechanism you signed up with to cancel your account. Here are some basic steps if you subscribed on the Fitbit desktop site:
- Visit the official Fitbit website and log into your profile.
- Tap the gear button located near the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Select ‘Settings.’
- Locate the Subscriptions and Payments tab.
- Select ‘Edit‘ and cancel the Fitbit Premium membership.
Note: If your account is still in trial mode, you can’t unsubscribe from the Fitbit Premium membership on the desktop site. You will have to disable your membership through your device’s app store.
You’ll know if you’re in trial mode if the section appears in an orange tab.
How to Remove Fitbit Premium on an Android Laptop
You might need to cancel the Fitbit Premium membership from an Android laptop. Here’s how:
- Visit the Google Play Store and log into your Google Account.
- From the left-hand menu, click ‘My Subscriptions.’
- Find the Fitbit app and choose the ‘Manage‘ button next to it.
- Click ‘Cancel Subscription‘ and verify your choices to cancel the Fitbit Premium membership.
Note: Your membership might last until the next billing cycle if you have already been billed for the current one.
You might need to cancel the Fitbit Premium membership from an Apple MacBook. Here’s how:
- Launch the App Store and log in using the Apple ID.
- Tap on your profile near the lower left-hand corner. You can also click ‘Store‘ and ‘View My Account‘ near the top navigation bar.
- Beneath the Manage tab, select the ‘Manage‘ option next to Subscriptions.
- Locate the Fitbit Premium membership and select ‘Cancel‘ to finish.
You may need to cancel the Fitbit Premium membership on your smartphone. Here are the steps if you have an android or iOS device.
- Launch the Google Play App.
- Click your profile icon near the top right-hand corner and click ‘Payments & Subscriptions.’
- Click ‘Subscriptions.’
- Choose ‘Fitbit‘ to launch the ‘Manage Subscription‘ menu.
- Click ‘Cancel Subscription‘ to confirm your choices and end the Fitbit Premium membership.
- Launch the Settings App on your iPhone or iOS device.
- Click your Apple ID account, then select ‘Subscriptions.’
- Choose ‘Fitbit,’ then select ‘Cancel Subscription‘ to end the Fitbit Premium Membership.
Fitbit does offer a free trial of Premium memberships. The free trial lasts 90 days and is available for customers on the Fitbit app. You’ll need to provide payment details upon signing up, so be sure to cancel your free trial before it ends to avoid unnecessary fees.
You can find more about the Fitbit Premium free trial on the official Fitbit site.
You can also redeem a six-month free trial if you buy a Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Luxe, or Fitbit Charge 5 (all on Amazon). If you purchased a Fitbit Inspire 2 (also on Amazon), you could redeem a 12-month free test of Fitbit Premium.