So you want to play Call of Duty Black Ops 3, but you don’t have a PlayStation Plus. Can you still play it online? Let’s investigate.
Do you need PS Plus to Play Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Online?
You do not need a PlayStation Plus subscription to play Black Ops 3 online on your gaming console or online. While other titles in the series may require it, there are no restrictions when it comes to playing Black Ops 3 with friends and other gamers around the world.
While PlayStation Plus has many advantages, I wanted to avoid adding it to my ever-growing list of subscriptions if I could. I love the Call of Duty franchise games and wanted to know if needing a subscription would be the end of my playing my die-hard favorite online. Here is what I found out.
- You do not need a Playstation Plus subscription to play Call of Duty Black Ops 3.
- You can download the game and play online with all the features.
- The PlayStation Plus subscription does have benefits, even if games don’t require it.
- Other Call of Duty franchise games may require a PlayStation Plus subscription.
What Is PlayStation Plus?
PlayStation Plus is Sony’s subscription-based service that gives gamers access to exclusive content, bonus rewards, and other perks.
What Are The Perks to PlayStation Plus (PS Plus)
PS Plus offers a range of discounts on digital games, which can save players money in the long run. In addition, the subscription unlocks online multiplayer for many games, including some from the Call of Duty franchise.
- For a low monthly or yearly fee, you get access to free games, early access to upcoming games, and discounts on new titles.
- You also receive 10GB of cloud storage for game saves, so you can keep playing across multiple devices.
- PS Plus members also get two exclusive avatars per month along with other perks like exclusive discounts in the PlayStation Store and invitations to exclusive betas.
Do You Need a PlayStation Plus To Play Online Games
The Call of Duty series has been a gaming staple since its launch in 2003. Among the many installments, Black Ops 3 is renowned as one of the best. But with so many features and play styles available, it can be hard to keep track of what’s needed to get the most out of your experience.
One question that comes up frequently is whether or not you need PlayStation Plus to play Call of Duty Black Ops 3 online.
The answer is no.
If you’re a fan of Call Of Duty Black Ops 3, there’s no need to worry about that pesky PlayStation Plus subscription.
While other titles in the Call of Duty series may require it, there are no restrictions when it comes to playing Black Ops 3 with friends and other gamers around the world. This means anyone who owns a copy of Call of Duty Black Ops 3 can enjoy all its features without having to pay an extra fee each month for access.
The Upside of Using PS Plus with Call of Duty Black Ops 3
While you don’t need PS Plus for the online multiplayer setting with this game, you still may want to consider subscribing if you plan on playing other titles on your console regularly.
As mentioned earlier, there are plenty of bonuses included with a PS Plus membership that could make the cost worth it in time—especially if you like playing online multiplayer games in general.
How Can You Play Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Online
Playing multiplayer games like the Call of Duty franchise online can help connect you to a worldwide web of gamers. Here is how to get started online with Call of Duty Black Ops 3.
Purchase The Game
In order to play Call of Duty Black Ops 3 online, you’ll first need to purchase the game. You can do this in a variety of places, including the proprietary Call of Duty website. Microsoft, Activision, and SteamPowered are other options.
Create an Activision Account
Once you have the game, you’ll need to create an account with Activision in order to play online. You can do this by visiting their website and following the instructions.
After you have an account, you’ll need to download the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 game client. This can be done through the Activision website or through Steam. Once the client is installed, you’ll be able to launch the game and log in with your Activision account.
Access Multiplayer Features
When you’re logged in, you’ll be able to access the multiplayer features of the game. You can join public games or create your own private match with friends.
How To Join a Public Game
Now that you are good to go with playing Call of Duty Black Ops 3, you can join a public game.
To join a public game:
- Select “Play Online” from the main menu on Call of Duty Black Ops 3.
- Choose a mode and map that you want to play.
- To set up a private match, select “Private Match” from the main menu and invite your friends via their Gamertags or Activision ID’s.
Why Won’t Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Let You Play Online
There are times when you may experience trouble connecting to multiplayer games online. If this is the case for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, you can follow these steps.
- Check the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 server status.
- You’ll see status indicators for different platforms. If the indicator for your platform is not green or an alert is present, this might be because of connectivity issues.
- Check again, and eventually, the indicator will go green, indicating that the service has been restored to the server.