So you’re switching over from wireless to wireless headphones? That’s a wise decision. We’re guessing you’re here because you’re overwhelmed by the amount of information available out there. Luckily for you, we did all of the tedious research so that you don’t have to.
As you know, LG is one of the best audio-visual brands on the market. So, it’s no surprise that they make some of the best headsets around today. But navigating all the products and hoopla can get confusing. To streamline your life, we wrote this buying guide to help you find the best LG Bluetooth headset.
Let’s dive in.
What to Consider When Buying Bluetooth Headsets
By now, you know why you want to swap your wired headphones for Bluetooth headsets, but you might not know what makes a headset great. Below are factors you should consider before committing to a pair of headsets:
Sound quality is the most crucial aspect of any headset. After all, the whole point of buying is so that you can enjoy sound in a more intimate setting, right? How your headsets sound will determine whether you like them and how regularly you use them.
While some people say that wired headphones will always produce better sound, LG has invested in the latest audio technology to ensure that you have a great listening experience.
The quality of your listening experience is determined by whether there is a deep, rich bass or an outstanding balance between all of the instruments. You can also choose headsets that have a natural sound or headphones with an emphasis on the treble.
This buying guide will describe each product’s audio quality so that you can decide which sound works best for you.
Where You’re Going to Use Them
The environment where you’re planning to use your headsets determines the shape/style you’re going to choose. You should select headsets according to how snug or free-fitting you want them to be.
For example, if you’re going to use the headsets while running or while in the gym, you should pick a tenacious pair that really stays in place. In addition, headsets should be adjustable to your head size so that they don’t fall off during heavy activity.
If you plan on using the headsets in an office, you should pick a pair with a long-lasting battery. You’d be better off buying headsets that you charge overnight and then use all day. Also, you should purchase headsets with a built-in microphone so that you can conduct phone calls.
If you’re going to use your headsets in a busy environment, think about buying a set with active noise cancellation. That awesome feature lowers the noise that comes from distractions and zones in on your music so you can focus on what’s important to you.
If you’re going to use your Bluetooth headset to solely listen to music, then you won’t have to worry much about this. However, if you want to take calls or record audio while you’re wearing earphones, you have to think about how well the microphone works.
Obviously, it’s difficult to assess microphone quality when buying your headset online. We got you. We’ve gone out of our way to ensure that our list has quality products that other Amazon buyers can vouch for.
Also, it’s essential to balance your headset sound once you buy it. Keep in mind that, in some cases, it’s not that the microphone doesn’t work, but it hasn’t been properly tuned.
Headsets that constantly need recharging? No thanks. Everyone wants a pair of earphones that will last a whole day. You should aim to purchase headsets that have a minimum battery life of 8 hours.
The length of a typical work day is 8 hours, so you need earphones that will at least push for that long. Don’t forget to take into account how long the earphones take to charge. A fast-charging pair is ideal, but that usually means that the battery quickly runs out.
You need a healthy balance between how long they take to charge and battery life.
Even though most Bluetooth headsets have similar ranges, some cover a more considerable distance than others. Therefore, you should think about how far your mobile device will be from your headset while in use. The perfect range allows you to move around and still listen to music without worrying about your audio cutting off.
Apart from range, you should also think about the strength of the connection. If you participate in rigorous activity, like hiking or cycling, it’s best to buy headsets with a strong connection. At least you’ll be guaranteed that the music will still play while you’re moving up and down.
Our top marks go to the LG TOne Style earbuds because of their high comfortability rating. The band comfortably fits around your neck, while the earbuds have a beautiful ergonomic design.
You can wear these little guys for up to 8 hours without straining your neck or ears. In addition, the over-the-neck design means that you can easily move around, and you’ll never miss a call again.
This stylish pair of neckband earbuds are crafted with the latest Meridian technology. If you haven’t already heard of them, Meridian is a well-respected tech giant that specializes in advanced audio solutions. When combined with LG’s TONE Flex expertise, you’re guaranteed a balanced sound with clear tones.
We love that the retractable earbuds are easy to store. All you have to do is gently pull them down, and the earbuds will pop out. It’s also a way of elongating their lifespan because they aren’t constantly exposed. The retractable design is great because your earbuds will remain clean since they aren’t constantly exposed to dust and other weather elements.
The earbuds are fitted with dual microphones. Unlike other headsets in this guide, these earbuds have microphones on both sides. As a result, your voice will be more precise on phone calls and during online meetings. If you’re concerned about recipients receiving a clear message, these are the earbuds for you.
- Fit type: In-Ear
- Form Type: Earbud
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 7 x 6.2 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 1.50 ounces
- Item ASIN: B07WDRPXLB
- The headsets have long battery life. They can last for up to 8 hours without requiring a charge.
- They have a fast-charge feature. A quick 10-minute charge can last for 3 hours.
- The retractable earbuds come with an easy storage solution.
- The headsets’ neckband style promises optimum comfort, meaning that you can wear them all day.
- The multi-layer metal design delivers precise audio. So if you’re looking for earbuds with a well-balanced sound, this is the perfect pair for you.
- The earbuds have microphones on both ends, so you’ll be audible on the phone and video calls.
- The earbuds have a micro-USB port, so the charging cord is easy to find and replace, just in case it dies.
- Buds don’t automatically switch off once they lose signal. Instead, they’ll look for a signal until the battery runs out.
- Though you get a warning when the battery is low, the battery dies a few moments later.
- Once you tap on the on/off button, both the music and the earbuds switch off.
Our second place prize goes to the Tone Free Bluetooth earbuds. These are truly wireless. Other earbuds, e.g. the Tone Style, still have wires in one form or another, but this pair goes directly into the earbuds. In the age of Airpods and Galaxy Buds, this is a fantastic, alternative option.
The earbuds come with a convenient charging case, which kills 99% of the bacteria on earphone mesh. It’s reassuring to know that your earbuds are clean every time you take them out. Also, the charging case sports a stylish black color, so your tech is sleek and elegant.
Like the Tone Style earbuds, this set also has Meridian technology. That means you’ll hear a clear sound that adjusts to your spatial settings. Unlike the Tone Style earbuds, this set also has Meridian’s Headphone Spatial Processing (HSP) technology. This creates a more realistic listening experience by eliminating crosstalk between the left and right earbuds.
Even though most headsets have active noise cancelling to block out ambient sound, this set has the opposite. It has a mode where you can tap the earbuds so that you can hear the noise around you. This is more of a safety feature so that you don’t get lost in your own head and, hey, sometimes it’s nice to hear the world around you.
- Fit-Type: In-Ear
- Form Type: Earbud
- Color: Black
- Batteries: 2 Lithium batteries required; included with purchase.
- Dimensions: 1.29 x 0.63 x 0.98 inches
- Weight: 1.44 ounces
- Item ASIN: B0898TJGVD
- The earphones have medical-grade ear gels, which are hypoallergenic and non-toxic. You can comfortably wear them without worrying about allergic reactions.
- The ergonomic design provides optimal fit. You can go about your day without worrying that they’ll fall off.
- They have built-in dual microphones that also block out ambient noise. This makes it easier for you to speak on phone calls without being disturbed by background noise.
- The earbuds use Meridian Audio that produces a lifelike sound. They’re perfect for focusing and getting into the zone.
- They’re compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices, and work well on both Android and iOS devices.
- The earbuds have up to 6 hours of playtime, and they can last up to 18 hours with a fully charged case.
- The UV Nano charging case kills up to 99% of bacteria.
- These earbuds are always searching for a connection, so they might connect even when they’re put away.
- An Amazon purchaser reported having problems with voice clarity when they tried to take a phone call.
The HBS-30 neckband earbuds have advanced quad-layer speaker technology which produces balanced audio that aligns with LG’s signature sound. While they may be similar to the Tone Style earbuds, this advanced tech really sets them apart. They’re the perfect earbuds for anyone who wants excellent sound and optimum comfort.
We love the dual-microphones with MEMS technology on these headsets. It’s one thing to have earphones where you can hear the music well, but it’s another to have earphones where you can also take flawless phone calls. Luckily for you, investing in this device delivers the best of both worlds.
The sleek design makes them easy to carry around, while the comfortable neckband means that you can rest them on your neck all day. All you have to do is use the retractable buds when you want to listen to music. Seriously, these are so comfy that you’ll barely feel them.
If you live life on teh go, the LG TONE Ultra Bluetooth headsets are perfect for you. They have a charge time of fewer than 2 hours. The 2-hour charge will give you a 13-hour talk time and a 15-hour listening time. If you want to put in minimum effort but receive maximum reward, these earbuds have you covered.
- Fit type: In-Ear
- Form Type: Earbud
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 5.7 x 6.7 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 1.40 ounces
- Item ASIN: B07K29M8BH
- Batteries: 1 lithium polymer battery and it is included
- Sophisticated, timeless design.
- Dual-MEMS microphones that produce clear audio.
- Lightweight design means that you’ll barely feel it around your neck.
- The buttons are placed in convenient locations that are easy for you to reach.
- Excellent sound quality.
- The earbuds block out most of the background noise.
- You can pair the earbuds to both Android and iOS devices.
- Some Amazon users have complained about the cord wearing out with frequent use.
- The wires are really thin, so one lousy fall or pulling too hard on the cables could render the earbuds useless.
Similar to the Tone Free FN6 but at a lower price, this is the best LG Bluetooth headset if you’re on a strict budget. Meridian audio designed the awesome sound system. The earbuds have a clear and spatial sound that adjusts to your environment: the sound naturally changes to your music/podcast/phone call. Magic.
Where these earbuds really shine is their high-performance in-built microphone that reduces echo and has noise cancellation. While other sets also have noise cancellation, only Tone Free FN4 earbuds have echo cancellation. This will make your calls even more transparent because there is no muffled audio or frequent repetitions.
The TONE Free FN4 wireless earbuds have a slick, timeless design. They’re streamlined to fit snugly into your ear. They’re so light that you’ll barely feel them in your ears. Even though a part of the earbuds hangs out, they won’t irritate you.
The beautiful shape shuts noise out and blocks all distractions. The earbuds cover the whole ear canal, so zero noise comes in while you’re enjoying your music. However, they also have an ambient sound mode for safety purposes. After all, you don’t want to be unsafe by completely immersing yourself in music when you’re running or cycling in traffic, right?
- Color: Black
- Fit Type: In-Ear
- Dimensions: 1.29 x 0.63 x 0.98 inches
- Weight: 1.58 ounces
- Batteries: 2 lithium-ion batteries required, and they’re included
- ASIN: B08992F5YT
- An Amazon customer reported that they could wear them all day without no discomfort in their ear canal.
- Easy to track down if you lose them. You can ping them from your smart device, and they’ll set off an alarm.
- You can easily pair them to any Bluetooth-compatible device.
- More affordable than the TONE Free FN6 headsets.
- They fit so well that you can close off surrounding noise.
- Meridian Audio’s HSP provides an accurate lifelike listening experience.
- Tapping your earbuds activates the ambient noise mode that lets environmental sounds in.
- You can enjoy up to 18-hours of battery life from earbuds and a fully charged cradle.
- It doesn’t come with a UV Nano charging case.
- A few Amazon customers have reported that the earbuds have a low bass.
The Force stereo headset is different from the other sets on this list because it has the wires showing. It’s not the neckband style nor is it a pair of earbuds. This pick is for the traditionalists who aren’t gung-ho for modern tech but still want a quality product.
LG designed the headset with an active lifestyle in mind. The headset has a “stay put” style that ensures that nothing will disturb you while you’re in motion. Unlike wireless earbuds that can fall off or retractable earbuds that get stuck, once these babies are on, they stay on. That’s the ideal solution for running, jogging, hiking, or going to the gym.
You can tell that the headset was designed for rigorous activity because they have a high IP rating. The headset is both waterproof and sweat-resistant. When you start putting in the work and feeling the burn, they won’t slip off. Also, they’re not going to die if you accidentally drop them in water.
To improve the quality of your phone calls, the headset has Qualcomm® aptX™ support. No more reaching for your phone when a call comes in — simply answer the phone with a tap. Also, the microphone is so clear that you can breezily go through a call without interrupting your day.
- Color: Blue
- Fit type: In-Ear
- Dimensions: 7 x 8.43 x 1.6 inches
- Weight: 4.80 ounces
- Batteries: 1 lithium-ion polymer battery required. Not included.
- The ear-contoured design is comfortable and keeps the earbuds stable. Also, it can be adjusted to fit your ears.
- You can use the adjustable strap and silicon earpiece to adjust the headset’s length.
- The headset has CD-level sound quality.
- Water and sweat-resistant.
- The external speaker and microphone make it easy for you to take phone calls.
- An Amazon buyer reports that a full charge lasts between 2 to 3 days.
- The headset comes with a pouch that makes them easy to carry.
- The connection process is relatively simple.
- Unfortunately, there are reports that they suddenly stop working after a short amount of time.
- The Bluetooth connection isn’t super strong, so you might get a few dropped calls.
So, What’s the Best LG Bluetooth Headset?
With so many options out there, it can be difficult to zero in on the best LG Bluetooth headset. The answer really depends on why you need the headset and what criteria you use.
If you’re looking for a comfortable fit, the Tone Style headset is the best pick for you. If you’re on the hunt for a headset to fit your active lifestyle, you can’t go wrong with the Force Stereo and Ultra A Bluetooth. If earbuds with an Airpods feel are your jam, then you can choose between the FN4 and FN6 headsets.
Either way, you can trust the LG brand. We hope that this guide has been useful in helping you choose which wireless earphones to buy. If you’re interested in learning more, go ahead and explore the rest of our site. Happy listening!